Overshadowed-Eight

Hey again!

This is quite amazing...I mean...two chapters published in one day. XD I'm so proud of myself! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Right. So two days till the concert. This is gonna be our last rehearsal together, so try not to slack off," Sophia said as she winked at Amelia.

Jessie Loits groaned. "Like you haven't made us practise enough already; we had a rehearsal everyday for the last three days!"

"Shut up, you lazy ass," Crystal grinned. They were at Sophia's house, since it had so many rooms that were vacant and her parents didn't mind at all.

Zander, Daniel, Jessie and Mike were performing together as a band, Crystal with doing an item with Amanda and Amelia was singing 'You Belong With Me' with Sophia playing the guitar.

"K, let's get started. You guys wanna practise separately and then do it together or do you want to do it together the whole time?"

"Separately," Zander and Mike said in chorus.

"Definitely separately, I haven't even got my vocals right," Daniel complained.

"Oh my god," Crystal grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Well I'll leave you snails to sort yourselves into a room," Sophia smiled and grabbed Amelia by the shoulders, steering her out the room.

"Wait!" Zander called out.

"What?" Sophia turned back, annoyed.

"I...umm...want to talk to Sara," Zander said blushing.

Both Daniel and Mike started making 'wo-la-la' noises, but were silenced when Zander sent a glare over his shoulder.

"Okayy," Amelia said. She felt shaky all of a sudden. She hadn't really had a direct face to face conversation with Zander yet and it was giving her butterflies.

"Be quick!" Sophia yelled as they both walked out into the corridor.

They walked a long way without saying anything. Amelia bit her lip. She didn't really like silence. It made her feel like she had to say something.

"So..." Amelia started, hesitant. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I umm...want to ask...I mean, I was just wondering if..."

"Hey! You two might want to hurry up, Sophia's making a fuss about the time you're wasting!" Jessie ran towards them.

"Read this later," Zander slipped a note into her hand as Jessie caught up with them.

"Uh, sure, I'm coming," Zander turned to go.

'What is on the note?' Amelia wondered as she slipped it inside her back pocket.

When Amelia took one step inside the room, Sophia jumped up and hauled her out of the room.

"Where we going?" Amelia asked.

"My room. Duh," Sophia replied, holding the door open for her.

"So, what did Mr Evans want to talk about with you?" Sophia teased.

"Umm...nothing much. And shouldn't we be practising? C'mon let's start!" Amelia said quickly.

Sophia grabbed her guitar and sank down into the little mini bean-bag sofas with Amelia. Amelia had the feeling that Sophia had let the topic go for now, but it was going to come back up later.