Switching through channels for anything interesting to watch, I came across the famous keeping up with the Kardashians reality show and decided on setting on this station. Making my self comfortable on the couch I focused solely on what the television showed.

when the show came to an end I checked the time and realized it was 7pm already. Xaviar was supposed to be home by now. I quickly moved to the room to get my iPhone and dialed Xaviar's number. Still thesame response as before the call went straight to voice mail. He wasn't picking up.

   I went straight to panick mood and immediately called Diego. After the first three beeps he eventually picked up.

"Layla Lucasino, a cosa devo questa telefonata"
(Layla Lucasino, to what do I owe this phone call) he teased

   "c'mon Diego you know I always call to check up on you " I lied playfully

  "Wow, non dici"
(wow, you don't say) he chuckled

   "Diego I wanted to find out if you're with Xaviar" I said diverting the conversation to the real reason I had called.

   "Oh sorry I'm not, Right now I'm at the warehouse. We received new merchandise today and he instructed me to go supervise it " He said

  "alright then" I said in defeat

  " the last time I saw him he was at the office, I'm sure he's on his way home as we speak " my husband's second in command tried lighting up my mood as if he noticed the gloom that had suddenly set in

    "okay, thank you"

"Nessun problem"
(no problem) he replied before hanging up

  after the call, I went back to my place at the living room. From the looks of it, they were about airing a movie. The movie begun seconds later and it was none other than the famous After.
  That movie had made it to my favorites, no matter how many times I'd seen it, It couldn't get stale.
The story line was total genius, the love and chemistry between Harden and Tessa was on a total different level. How it went from a mere dare to something more was what got me intrigued. It was obvious I was a total sucker for romance and love stories. Being a fan of Inanna Sarkis was another bonus point to it. I must say, she did a good job playing Molly.

            My eyes fluttered open and my gaze went straight to the television which was now airing another movie I had no idea about. I had somehow fallen asleep. My nostrils got a wisp of male Cologne and I let my eyes wander around the empty living room with no guards in sight. This meant only one thing, Xaviar was home. Rising from the couch, a yawn escaped my mouth while I tried stretching my bones that ached from the uncomfortable position I had slept.

       Walking briskly to the dinning room to find out if Xaviar had already eaten dinner without me, I couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't bothered in waking me up or atleast taking me up to our bedroom.   
    When I walked into the dinning area, I realized my husband hadn't been here as the meal remained the way I had left it, untouched.

        My next stop was the master bedroom, I pushed the door open and walked in, I was welcomed by the sight of Xaviar's back, his body with beads of water and a towel hung loosely around his waist. My eyes dashed to the clock beside my side of the bed, the time read 11pm. He was extremely late.

  "You're home real late Babe" I tried making my presence noticed although I knew he was aware I had walked in.

   "What kept you at the office?? Too much work??" I questioned but didn't get a response, he instead walked into the closet to get dressed.

    "Xaviar??? Is something wrong???" I followed right behind him but he shut the door stopping me from going in

   " Xav are you for real right now!!" 

   "Xav!!!!!!" I yelled again banging the door

    it suddenly opened and he walked out dressed in a jogger, broad chest bare to my eyes.

     "Xaviar??? We need to talk"  He walked past me without a single word

   "What are you doing?? I made us dinner Xaviar but you would have known if you atleast picked up my calls or returned them "

Immediately I finished my sentence, Xaviar's retreating figure turned to me, his face held visible anger

"Was that why you called me numerously???"

"it was only three times besides you're my husband what's wrong with me calling you?" I retorted

"When I didn't respond to the first one couldn't your dull brain tell you I might be busy!!!" His voice raised

"What?" Did he just insult me?? Nooo it can't be.

"Are you that naive to go as far as calling my secretary to leave that sort of message for me!" He yelled

"what sort of message??? It was totally harmless" I argued back

"Shut the fuck up Layla!!!!" That was enough to let me know something was seriously wrong

"What's wrong with you Xaviar?? What's wrong with us??? "

"look Layla I'm not in a good mood. I want to be alone!"

"Is it?? That's all you can come up with??? You've been giving me an attitude for the past - I don't know how long!! And I made dinner so we talk things over"

"Sei scemo e sordo Layla?!? Ho detto che non sono dell'umore giusto per la tua spazzatura!!!"
(Are you stupid and deaf Layla?!? I said I'm not in the mood for your trash) he screamed at me before walking out the door

I trailed behind him quietly and watched as he took furious steps to the dinning room. Opening up the meal, he dished a little to his silver plate and took a seat. All this while I stood at the side watching closely

"Well? You said you want us to talk over dinner. What are you waiting for?!?" His voice sounded rough and dangerous

I quietly took a seat beside him and dished out a reasonable amount of the food.

"For starters, what's with the attitude you're giving Xaviar?"

"I'm not giving any attitude Wifey " He spat the title like it was a curse

"but you're kinda distant and I rarely even get to spend time with you "I lamented

there was a brief pause and he took a spoonful of the food into his mouth. His face crunched and wrinkled before he spat out the content
"This tastes horrible! How can I have a decent conversation with you over a meal like this???" He mocked, standing up, his hands moved to the plate and he pushed it off the table. The sound of glass wares and the plate breaking resounded in the room

"Don't ever call my office, let this be the last time." Xaviar warned lowly.

My eyes were fixed on the fine marble floor that was now decorated with the mess of broken glass and the meal I had prepared for my husband, my hands placed on my laps in utter disbelief and defeat. I took a spoon from my plate and sincerely the food was pretty decent. I was freakingly good at cooking, as a matter of fact Xaviar had complemented my cooking on numerous occasions which made his reaction a total surprise.

"What's w-wrong Xaviar?" My voice trembled as my body did, tears welled up in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks immediately

"Tears??? Really Layla??? Weakness doesn't go well with me. You should know this" He spoke before turning his back to me and making his way obviously to the master bedroom

I sat there wondering what had happened, what I had done or said that could tick and make him snap into a man I never knew. Or maybe I just didn't know him well enough before I agreed to spend the rest of my life with him.

"I'm sorry. if I've done any wrong I'm r-really sorry Xaviar"
I apologized as I raised my eyes up and met his retreating figure.