Chapter 6: A Life

Learning more and more about herself and the history of werewolves and supernaturals around her had caused her exciting life of a young woman with a new young husband in their new home to be even more exciting and unpredictable. But Macy knew that not all good things lasted.

There would always have to be that more responsible place in her mind asking her ‘but what about the life you left behind?’

They couldn’t stay here like this forever without a final decision after all.

It came to her in the form of a phone call and bad cellular service.

“Boss, sorry, can you repeat that?” one hand was covering her left ear as she pressed her phone to her right “I didn’t hear you the first time.” She sighed as the call disconnected, although she couldn’t understand what he was saying, she knew what he wanted to tell her. And as she turned around the person that she needed to be there the most engulfed her in a hug.

“It’s over.”

“I know, I’ve been dreading it.” Thatcher kissed the top of her head as she pulled him tighter “What did he say?”

They were outside, having another picnic for a pack member’s birthday, it was a few days after the ceremony and the day before their leave would officially end. They were needed back in the city doing their jobs.

“…or else I would get fired.” Macy moved her head away from being buried in her husband’s chest and looked up at him, admired him “At least that’s what I got from him.”

“Horrible cell service, I know.” Thatcher chuckled.

“We need to decide.”

They both sighed.

Macy was fascinated with the amount of historical supernatural books there were in the basement of the house. Thatcher had taken her there in order for them to be able to decide privately and peacefully whether they would and were ready to leave their lives in the city in exchange for their life in the woods, with their pack.

They couldn’t afford to leave now while they were steadily cementing their relationship with the pack members and yet they literally couldn’t afford to stay. The savings they had in the bank was only enough for the two of them and a few surprises here and there, no matter how much they thought they were responsible about money they still had headaches about it every month or so.

It would multiply to hundreds of headaches every day if they were going to stay and be unemployed while leading a small army of supernaturals behind them.

Therefore Thatcher and Macy had taken into consideration the idea of turning their royalty pack into a clutter pack. The books they were now hunched over and mumbling over while desperately remembering every detail of told them exactly what the consequences were, what would likely happen and how to go about with it legally, by supernatural laws and how to negotiate with their pack members.

“Basement. Now.”  Nahath was on his way to Bab’s house when he received the message. He sighed, he would have to hold off going to meet his mate today.

He was sure she would understand.

“Why I don’t understand is why you’re doing this.” Macy looked up at Thatcher, they’d explained all they could to him about the plan, yet she had just realized, Thatcher had been holding off telling them why.

“You just came back.” The trust had been welded back together again. He was being disappointed all over again.

“What do you want us to do?”