"Yeah right." She smacked her lips, slightly tugging on my beard.

"Don't try me Lu." I smacked her thigh hard causing her to yelp in pain.

"Damn I'm sorry baby, didn't think it'll hurt like that"
"Get your crooked fingers off me. Don't touch me Jamari I ain't playing " she said annoyed, swatting my hand away from her thigh.

"I'm sorry" I glanced at her. She ignored me as she typed away on her phone.

"I'm sorry Lulu" I rubbed on the spot on her thigh that I had hit, but she only swatted my hand off again.

"Be talking bad about my fingers, but you like em when I stick em in yo-"

"Gosh Jamari shut up" she said, blushing in embarrassment.

"I can't wait to see your vision come to life. For real." She smiled before turning to me.

"Me too babe. Its nerve wrecking tho, but I'm sure I can handle it"

"Of course you can. Believe me if you can handle me, you can handle anything" she burst out in laugher, intertwining our fingers.

"You damn right. You're so annoying."

"But you love me" I smirked at her.

"So so much." She said, warming my heart.

"Oh my God babe, I forgot I was supposed to go see my daddy today. He told me to cone over. You don't mind if we head over there, do you?"

As much as possible I try to avoid Luna's father. He frightens me. That mug he gives is nerve wrecking.

"Sure baby. Anything for you" I tell her, earning a peck on my cheek.

Driving into Luna's parents drive way. I parked close to the truck in the driveway.
Luna tapped my thigh, telling me to get outta the car with her.

"Who's this about to scratch on my truck? You better have a good reason!"

Damn, I just got here this nigga is wildin. I'm sure I parked good. Come on now.

"Daddy please, he parked properly, no ones gonna scratch on your truck. Get outta your feelings" there goes my baby saving my ass.

"I knew it had to be that light skinned boyfriend of yours." Her dad groaned as she kissed his cheek.

"Daddy grow up! " she pulled him back into his house as I quietly followed, maintaining my distance.

"Good day sir." I said as I entered his home. I loved how mama B kept the house looking peaceful, clean and smelling tf good.

Luna's dad glared at me as mama B came forward to embrace me after kissing on Luna's forehead.

"Don't mind that old, grumpy man. How are you doing sweetie?" She asked nicely, with a wide smile.

"I'm good ma. How are you doing? You good? "

"Sure son. Y'all came over for?..."

"I asked o see Luna" Luna's dad answered instead

Luna and I noticed there was some tension between the two. The look on Luna's face screamed worry.

"What's going on daddy? " Luna wrapped her arm around herself, tryna prepare herself for what she was about to hear.

Her dad let out a sigh before rubbing his palm on his forehead.

"Uh, your mom reached out." I could see the blood drain from Luna's face, causing me to move closer to her, placing my arms around her.