"The moment you threw away everything you've ever wanted...to be a siren's little bitch," Tyler commented, smirking at the vampire who watched him emotionlessly. "Or maybe this'll be the thing that wakes you up. And then maybe both our lives will be worth something at the end of it all," Tyler continued, his tone becoming saddened as he thought about all the bad things he'd done during his lifetime and how desperately he wanted to atone for those things.

Looking at the vampire with a defiant expression, Tyler's expression quickly hardened, "so, go ahead. Do it. Tear me apart," he continued to provoke with a smirk. "Do it!" Tyler shouted angrily just as he noticed Damon's face beginning to change causing the Lockwood man's face to pale, "Damon?" The raven-haired vampire ignored him, unable to fight Sybil's influence over his mind, Damon snarled, bearing his fangs.

"Damon, wait!" Tyler shouted urgently, his tone and expression scared as Damon growled lowly, ready to lunge for him. However, before he could, a sudden 'whoosh' was heard as if someone had sped towards them. As Damon's body fell to the floor, his neck having being snapped, Tyler's eyes widened as he took note of the person that had found them and ultimately saved his life. "Must you always be so dramatic?" Thea Mikaelson commented with a smirk, placing her hands on her hips as she looked at her older brother.

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" the small voice of Kaiden Mikaelson whispered as Thea tucked him into her old bed beside a sleeping Hope. Thea's smile fell at the sound and the sight of his broken expression, her heart aching for both her children and Klaus who none of them had seen in almost 4 years.

Thea and Klaus had spent the majority of their relationship/marriage separated; a fact that chilled the brunette to her very core. Every part of her missed him, as well as the other members of her family who she was still no closer to saving. They had all missed watching the twins grow into the cheeky little children they were today and it saddened Thea that her children didn't know their family.

The twins both reminded her of the husband she missed so dearly. Kaiden was practically the double of his father with his slightly curled blonde hair and smirk. Had it not been for the fact that he had Thea's eyes and personality, she would've honestly questioned whether Kaiden was hers at all.

Hope was a completely different story. Whilst Kaiden had traits that could be matched to both his parents, Hope resembled Klaus in every aspect. Her eyes were a replica of his. Her smirk was as devious as his was. Her attitude, personality and the way she held herself matched her father completely.

Despite being only 5 years old, the tribrid already exuded so much power and fierceness. Hope was endlessly protective over her little brother, despite there being only 2 minutes between them. They were both so deeply strong-willed and self-determined that it made Thea so proud to be their mother, and yet so deeply saddened that the rest of their family weren't here to witness it.

Yet, however hurt and broken the hybrid was over the last 4 years, she remained strong for the sake of her babies. Thea spoilt them with all the love in the world to make it feel as though neither of them had missed out on having the love of two parents. And whilst the twins missed their father, the sad truth was, neither of them knew or could remember what life had been like with him in it.

It was a devastating realisation and Thea vowed to tear apart those that had caused it, but for now, she had more important things to do. The Mikaelson hybrid had scoured the earth to find all the ingredients needed to cure Freya's hex, as well as search high and low for the werewolf packs needed to save Elijah and Kol.

So far, the brunette had found 4 out of the 7 werewolf packs needed to create the cure to cure Kol and Elijah, as well as the majority of the ingredients needed to cure Freya. However, the hybrid still needed to find a witch that was willing to siphon the curse from Rebekah.