52. Mine forever

Börja om från början

Alice opens the door.

Fuck.

I keep the flowers hidden behind my back so she wouldn't notice.

"Hi" I begin as I clear my throat. "Is - is Rosie in?" I ask her trying not to give away my sudden nervousness.

"No. She just left for a bike ride about half hour ago. Is everything okay?" She asks me as I still stood outside.

"Um, yeah. Uh... do you know when she'll be back?" I decide to ask Alice.

"No clue babe. Sorry. Why don't you come in and wait? If you don't have anywhere else to be that is"

"Oh. Uh. Sure. Why not" I say with a smile.

But wait, the flowers.

What do I do about them?

Alice held the door open for me, waiting for me to enter.

"Oh. You know what? I left my phone in my car. I'll just quickly grab it and I'll lock the door behind me don't worry"

"Okay" Alice replies with a smile before pursing her lips together. "Help yourself to anything. I'll be in my room if you need me" She says as she heads back upstairs, leaving the door open for me much to my relief.

I wipe my forehead half expecting there to be a drop of sweat trickling there but nada, there was nothing there thank God.

I walk inside and close the door behind me.

I make my way upstairs and open the door to Chaeyoung's room.

As I open the door I'm hit with the smell of cinnamon and cherries. I take in a deep breath and feel myself smile.

The smell of cinnamon and cherries always reminded me of Chaeng. That smell would always make me feel at home. I felt at home.

I step over towards the window and look outside.

She had a pretty good view.

You could really see a lot from up here.

I step back from the window and lay my flowers on her desk.

I notice a few things on her desk; a couple of self help books, a lighter, a necklace and an open journal.

She really was quite ordinary sometimes.

But I think that was exactly what I loved the most about her - she hadn't changed in the slightest after fame and I found that very admirable. In many ways of course she had changed just as any person would going into adulthood but still, in many ways she was the exact same as the girl who had arrived from from Australia years ago.

I run my finger over the page of her open journal. It looked well kept with lots of little things sticking out of it. The page was only half written on, I guess she got bored half way through?

I chuckle as I imagine her sat here, concentrating and trying to write down her thoughts.

My little chipmunk.

I turn away from her desk and sit down on her bed.

Instantly I can smell her perfume in her bedsheets.

She must lounge around in her bed a lot.

I hold one of her many plushies and squeeze it tight and jump a little when I hear it speak to me.

"I love you!" It says.

I let out another chuckle.

"I love you too" I say.