Chapter 4: Euphoria

Felicia walks out of Cerebro a little disappointed that she doesn't get to see her in action, but happy that things aren't awkward between herself and Charles.

But as she walks across the lush green grass the mental shield she uses to stop Charles from reading her mind shatters, causing her head to fill with unimaginable pain.

Felicia let out a blood-curdling scream as the pain becomes unbearable. She crumbles down to the ground as tears run down her cheeks and as the pain continues her body begins to shake uncontrollably.

'What's happening to me?'

"Felicia!" Charles yells out before everyone runs over.

"Oh, my God, Charles, what's happening to her?" Raven asks.

"I don't know?" Charles answers.

Charles tries to get inside the woman's head hoping to find the cause of her pain but it only makes the pain worse causing Felicia to scream bloody murder.

"I can't take it anymore!" Felicia yells before using her powers to knock herself unconscious.

~

When Felicia comes to later in the day she waits for her eyes to adjust before sitting up in bed and looking out the window to see the sunset.

"Oh, good you're awake," Moria says walking into the room.

"What happened?" Felicia asks rubbing her eyes.

"Charles said you said you were having a seizure out by Cerebro before you screamed bloody murder and passed out." Moira answers. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine actually," Felicia answer. "H-How did I end up back here though?"

"Charles carried you back, he actually wouldn't let anyone go near you except for Hank who checked all your vitals and whatnot. Charles was really worried about you, it took Erik ages to convince him to leave you to rest." Moira sighs as her cheeks pinken. "Charles is an exceptional man."

"You like him don't you," Felicia states bluntly.

"W-W-Wh... I-I-I..." Moira stutters. "Okay, yes maybe I do have some feelings towards him, but... You know what it's like here if I want to be taken seriously I can't go around flirting with whomever I like." Moira states firmly. "And that's what told him last night."

"Last night!?" Felicia blurts out causing her head to pulsate with pain. "H-He was with you last night?" She asks as she massages her temples

"Yeah, he was trying to make advances but as much as I'd like to be with him I can't... at least not now anyway." Moira answers.

'That sleazy son of a bitch.'  Felicia thinks as she balls her hands into a fist. 'And I thought he genuinely liked me. I'm so stupid.'

Felicia mentally scolds herself ashamed she fell for such bullshit before Moira pulls her out of her thoughts.

"Were you even listening?" She asks folding her arms in annoyance.

"...Yes..." Felicia lies before quickly reading her mind. "You were asking me if I'd watch the other mutants while you go talk to McCone, which I would be delighted to do. Just, whereabouts are they?"

"The break room at the end of the hall." Moira answers.

Once Moira leaves, Felicia cleans herself up before heading down to the break room to meet the others.

"Hey, Felicia," Raven waves as Felicia enters the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Much, better, thanks for asking," Felicia replies sitting down in the empty chair between a boy with blonde hair and a boy with curly ginger hair.