Another step.....

And another....

And.....

.....

BAM!

A hard sound of metal getting hit against something sounded from behind Taehyung and the grip around his throat suddenly loosened. The gun against his head slipped away and before Taehyung knew it the sound of someone hitting a floor sounded from behind him. Within a second Taehyung had turned around, coming face to face with a panting Jin who held a huge piece of metal in his hand. Taehyung could only assume Jin had been the one who had hit the guard. The guard that was now laying almost lifeless on the ground, small puffs of breath still coming from the man's mouth.

"TAE, USE YOUR GUN!" A hard yell coming from Jungkook suddenly sounded from behind him.

With a shaking hand Taehyung reached for his gun, aiming it at the man before him.

"SHOOT HIM!" Yoongi's voice sounded over the battlefield. "DO WHAT I TAUGHT YOU! YOU NEED TO KILL HIM TAEHYUNG!"

Taehyung's eyes travelled over towards the man's face, placing his finger on the trigger while his hands shook like there was no tomorrow. He needed to shoot him, he needed to shoot the man to avoid more trouble. He only needed to do what Yoongi had told him, push the trigger and aim for the spot he wanted to hit. He just needed to.......

BAM!

Taehyung's eyes widened at the sight before him. He hadn't fired his own gun but the man before him somehow had managed to fire the gun that was still in his hand. Shooting one last shot, hoping that it would hit someone in a last attempt to save himself.

Before Taehyung could register what was happening Jin had given the man another hit with the peace of metal, Namjoon came running out of nowhere and a scream filled with panic came from behind the blonde. Within a second Taehyung had turned himself around. He heard another shot being fired behind him, assuming it was Namjoon who had taken out the guard.

Taehyung's eyes travelled over the group before him and not even two seconds later Taemin started to collapse into Hoseok's arms. Blood dripped down from his chest and the colour drained from his face. Taehyung's gun fell out of his hand and the tears started to leak once again on his own face.

Hoseok's screams filled the battlefield while Taemin's lifeless body slowly started to hit the ground. The screaming boy fell down on his knees beside his boyfriend who was slowly starting to get surrounded by a pool of his own blood. Heavy sobs left Hoseok's body and he tried everything to keep the dying boy awake. The other boys slowly made their way towards the two on the ground. Jin sprinting passed Taehyung to get a look at the wounded Taemin and provide any help he could.

Taehyung softly walked up to them, his hand before his mouth while soft sobs left his throat. This was all his fault, he should he fired his gun when he had the chance. If he wouldn't have hesitated this would have never happened.

"I...Is he okay?" Taehyung softly whispered, getting the attention of the group before him while he still walked up to them.

"STAY AWAY FROM HIM! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Hoseok's voice boomed over the group, anger and worry more than clear in his voice. Of course he would blame Taehyung, he finally got his boyfriend back and due to Taehyung's hesitation he would lose him all over again.

"I...." Taehyung started but got cut off by Jin instantly.

"JIMIN AND YOONGI GET HOSEOK AWAY, TAE I NEED YOUR HELP OVER HERE. NAMJOON AND JUNGKOOK GET ME A CAR WE NEED TO OPERATE HIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!" Jin yelled out the instructions to them all, everybody immediately getting into action at the stern tone the eldest of them all had used.

Taehyung saw how Jimin and Yoongi dragged Hoseok away from Taemin and within a few seconds Taehyung had dropped down on the ground across from Jin. Hoseok's screams could still be heard in the background but Taehyung tried with everything he had in him to drown them out. Sure he felt super guilty for what happened but he needed to help Jin right now, if he wanted to give Taemin a chance he needed to act and feeling guilty wasn't gonna help Taehyung in any way.

"Apply pressure on the wound! It's pretty deep so I can't do it alone." Jin instructed and without thinking Taehyung placed his hands next to Jin's, pressing down on the lifeless body from the boy he hadn't even properly met.

The next few moments all happened in a blurr for Taehyung, within a few minutes he had been placed in a car with Namjoon, Jin and a lifeless Taemin. Before he really registered what was happening they had been back at the gang and had rushed Taemin inside the operation room, all while Taehyung kept pressing on the boy's wound. It was a miracle Taemin hadn't been bled out by now and his heart was still beating, it wasn't strong but his heart still worked and that alone gave Taehyung a small bit of hope.

What Taehyung didn't know was that outside the operating room two boys stood in the corner, a whole other subject being their topping of conversation.

"Kook, I think I know who framed Tae and who killed his brother." Jimin whispered softly while both of them slipped out of the operating room, leaving Hoseok in the care of Namjoon and Yoongi.

All of them hoping that whatever was to come would be positive, both for Taemin and for Taehyung.

____

A/N

Question of the week:
What's your favourite BTS ship and why?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story and to get a little sneak peak of the next chapter.