the memorable dance

Start from the beginning

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

you kept running whilst holding your dress up at the front, making sure not to rip the beautiful material. you slowed down to a small fast-walk as you entered a hallway with only large windows on one side, letting the moonlight shine through majestically. you then stopped entirely, and started wiping the tears off your face. 

suddenly, your ears picked up on someone running in your direction, you quickly turned around and saw link running and slightly panting. you stood back, getting ready to run. you turned back around and began to sprint when you felt something grab your wrist. 

you dared not to turn and let link see your face. you looked away from him and sniffed.

"let go!"

link tightened his grip on your wrist.

"i'm not going to let go, (y/n). look at me, please."

you wiped another tear away with your free hand.

"i said let go! ...let me go! i don't...want to s-see you..."

your voice broke and you let out a cry, feeling link's hand loosen it's grip a bit when he heard you. 

link then suddenly pulled your wrist towards him forcefully, making you turn around at the same time. you landed into him with your face on his chest and his other arm wrapped around you, making you unable to escape from his strong arms. you struggled to try to get out of his grip but link only tightened his embrace. 

"(y/n)...stop fighting."

-

"no! let me go, link!"

-

"..."

you looked up at link, expecting a reply when your (e/c) eyes widened. the look on his face broke you. his eyes reflected with yours, showing nothing but heart-broken eyes. 

"(y/n)--"

-

"no, link! j-just go back to z-zelda!"

-

"(y/n), please--"

-

"no! l-let me g--"

you stopped struggling.

link's mouth was now on yours, his soft lips gently touching your pink ones. your eyes widened again and you started to close them as the kiss deepened. link slightly scrunched his eyebrows as he concentrated on your lips. his grip on you loosened a bit, now placing his hand on your waist and the other under your chin. your body relaxed and you placed your hands on his chest. the way link held you made you feel like he was protecting you, his actions were gentle and sweet.

you separated a bit for a brief moment when link placed his lips onto yours once again, this time, his palm now touching your cheek. more tears slowly started to come out of your closed eyelids and he wiped them away.

he parted from you, still holding your waist in his arm. you looked at him. his handsome face was now pink, the soft colour now reaching his ears.

"(y/n), i'm never going to let you go. you mean so much to me..."

you were speechless. 

link, the said hero of hyrule, the royal princess' personal knight, the one to defeat calamity ganon, just kissed you. you couldn't believe it and the sound of your beating heart returned to your ears.

"l-link...i--"

link stopped you and brought you in a tight embrace. you could feel his heart beat even louder than yours when he brought you two together. he then brought his face to yours and gave you a small smile, his blue eyes shining in the moonlight. you smiled back at him.