Chapter 12 - Let's Talk

I smile as I hold Cirilla up over my head causing a giggle to escape her lips. She loved it when I did this. Playing that she could fly high in the sky. Pulling her back down into my arms I look around to see Pavetta smiling at me and I smile back. Over the past few years Pavetta and I had become quite close.

"She really loves you." Pavetta says as she admires her daughter.

"And I love her." I reply as I gently set Ciri down on her little feet so she could run through the grass.

"Have you given anymore thought to what we discussed earlier?" She asks and I cock an eyebrow at her.

"What did we discuss?" I ask confusion filling my face.

"Your heart, and where it lay." Pavetta answers and I nod.

"My heart can't be trusted." I reply making sadness fill her eyes.

"(Name), you can't just stay away from him. If what you told me about your dreams is real the two of you were destined for each other."

"Destiny can kiss my ass." I reply making her roll her eyes.

"If you truly believed that, then why are you here with Ciri? Did Destiny not intervene and bring you back for her?" Pavetta asks and I groan.

"I hate that you're right." I reply as I look over to see Ciri following a butterfly. "But I don't even know what I would do if I ever saw him again. I mean he told me to go back like he didn't want me." I bite my lip as I fiddle with my fingers in my lap. Tears sting my eyes and I groan out in annoyance. "You'd think I wouldn't have any tears left."

"Your tears are proof you still love and want him." Pavetta adds making me meet her gaze. "We don't get to choose who our hearts want."

"If destiny hadn't intervened and you wouldn't have been promised to Duny, do you think you still would have ended up with him?" I ask making her pause as she ponders the thought.

"I feel in my heart, that one way or another we would have found each other. I can't imagine my life without him. I was made for him, as he was made for me."

"God that's so romantic." I cry making her chuckle.

"It's true though." She concludes making me shake my head at her.

I glance across the courtyard to see Natasha and Calanthe in deep conversation and a chuckle escapes my lips.

"What?" Pavetta asks following my gaze.

"I honestly didn't think Natasha would have stayed here this long, or that she'd enjoy herself."

"She's like my mother, a warrior; they bonded very quickly."

"That they did." I add leaning back in my seat as I look up into the bright blue sky.

"Have you heard from your brother?" She questions and I let out a heavy sigh.

"Last I heard from Thor he was headed north to Redania. Something about a rouge mage or something like that. I have no idea. He kind of just does what he wants when he wants." I reply with a chuckle.

"I can tell he enjoys it."

"He just doesn't want to go home." I reply making her cock an eyebrow at me. "If he goes home, he has to be the king and he doesn't want too. Says it's not who he is. I agree, he's more of a free spirit."

"Who is running your kingdom?" She asks and I smile.

"A Valkyrie. One of Asgard's greatest warriors, if not the best one. Thor chose her himself." I reply as I think fondly of my friend.