Chapter 7.5

...~...~...~...~...

Katniss and Peter sat on the lounge in their District apartment, waiting for their mentor.

Haymitch walked into the room, hands free from any drink, surprisingly.

"Good news,"he turns to stand in front of the pair,"At least half the Tributes want you as allies."

"Well, they saw her shoot." Peeta said as he stood up.

"Well sweetheart, you got your pick of the litter." Both males turn to the women, knowing how stubborn she is, she'll decline anyone they would suggest.

"I want Wiress and Beetee." Katniss said instantly, causing the other two to pause.

"Johanna calls them 'Nuts' and 'Volts'." Her fiancé comments, silently hoping she changes her mind.

"Well okay....good,"Haymitch says,"Now who else?" The males stare at her, both hoping her next pick wasn't someone like the 'Morphlings'.

"Amelia...."

Now that got their attention, Peeta because of the interaction with said women earlier that day, having experienced her quiet and gentle manner. He could trust his feeling in her not wanting to kill them or betray them, but he also had to think about her skills, she wasn't good at combat but was better at survival, but then again Katniss was as well unless they were thrown into a sea type of arena then Amelia would be the ideal partner. All in all Peeta wouldn't be against an alliance with the kind women.

Haymitch on the other hand knew more about the current Tributes than the two in front of him. He knew that an Alliance with Amelia would atomically be an Alliance with Finnick, gaining another fighter  into their little group.

Haymitch knows that it won't take much convincing, Amelia would no doubt love to help the young couple if asked and Finnick wouldn't dare leave her alone in the Arena.

The silence dragged on as Haymitch continued to think, which Katniss took as them disagreeing.

"Alright, fine! Then no one." She huffed and crosses arms.

"I'll tell them....you're still making up your mind."Their mentor says and leaves the room, thinking about how he was going to have to visit two of the Capital's favourites.

—————
(Update 2.July.22)
-361 words-