🏝01🏝

Katalina's outfit above

Father's Day Part One

Katalina's Pov

I grabbed my last suit case from my bed. Well adios Colombia and hello Ontario,Canada. As much as I didn't want to go, Papá plus many rich lawyers and the help of my "wonderful" hermana, decided that I needed some father- daughter bonding for 42 days aka the entire rest of my life. Ever since Mamá passed away from her sickness, I've been living with mi abuela, while my sister Hermosa decided to live with him. Taking on the reputation of Papa's life and becoming a trained undercover agent and lawyer.

They were the definition of a perfect match, both hungry for fame and money, pero mi abuela decided to take me in and raise me as her own, the only person who cared about me and still to this day does. I'm so thankful for her, she taught me her ways on life that not everything was based on looks and money like mi papá thought. "Katalina, ya estás lista?" Mi abuela asked me in Spanish, standing outside my bedroom door. She didn't have much money, lived in a tiny house with only two bedrooms, a small kitchen and bathroom, a medium size living just the right size for a family of three. It never bothered me, I was happy living here with her in Colombia. Everyone knew everyone in the small town of Barranquilla. I did all my studies here and learned how to speak English then taught Abuela some as well. She thought it was useless for her to learn English but she learned it anyway. "Yeah almost done abuela..." She smiles, sitting on my bed. "Ay mi linda princesa, I hope you have a wonderful time over there even if it is your father..."

"Yeah sure I'll try abuela... it's been over years since mama's passing and now suddenly he wants to have some quality family time.... I wish I didn't have to leave Abuela..." I hugged her tightly, almost feeling the tears streaming down my cheek. She laughs and hugs back shaking her head. "Ayy mi niña, I'll be fine... don't worry about me..Now let's get to the airport...."  I smiled sweetly to her and we both headed to the airport with many tears, hugs and constant reminders on taking her medication.

I couldn't bare to leave her alone, I mean yes I've been working and leaving her for only a few hours but honestly this has to be the longest and hardest thing ever. You see my loving abuela is sick which basically means she can barely even make food, get groceries and other basic needs. Doctors have been trying their very best to help out but sadly there hasn't been anything that could help. They gave her some pills to help with muscle pain and other drugs that help with her health. Knowing mi abuela and how she acts, she barely takes the medicine saying that only Dios can cure her.