°0.8°

0.8 |Fire and blood|

TO SAY VALERIA WAS BORED, WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Geralt wasn't by her side anymore since the queen arrived. The lioness of Cintra requested the Witcher to join her at her table, interrupting Geralt's and Valeria's conversation. After being left alone by her old friend, she had no choice but to join the bard's side again. Much to her annoyance, he too left her side for his singing was needed to spark up this dull affair. 

''Oh, fishmonger, oh, fishmonger. come quell your daughter's hunger.'' 

Valeria watched with slight amusement at the singing bard. She couldn't deny she enjoyed Jaskier's voice. A small smile graced her pale face while her eyes followed every move of the bard.

''To pull on my horn.''  

Jaskier turned to face her way and gave a wink in her direction. Valeria's smile disappeared and her eyes grew in shock. Did he have to do that while singing that line? She felt her cheeks warming up and looked away while trying to surpress a grin. Her eyes landed on the Witcher not too far away, already staring at her in amusement. Her eyebrows knitted together not understanding why his usual almost non-existent smile got larger. She got her answer pretty quickly. The singing voice of her friend became louder. Looking over er shoulder, Jaskier approached her. With a sigh, Valeria closed her eyes and muttered, ''Shit.'' 
Jaskier proceeded to sing his song while circling around his 'wife'. Valeria tried to fight it, but the grin on her face couldn't be stopped. The sound of a soft laugh escaped her mouth while Jaskier danced around her. This wasn't so bad after all. Turning to face her old friend again, she could clearly see Geralt shaking his head in amusement. Valeria was sure he would pester her for a long time about this. 

Jaskier finally decided it was time for a break and let his voice rest for a moment, so now Valeria had someone to talk to again. With his arms spread, he stepped towards the woman with alarge smile on his face, clearly proud of his performance.
''Well what did you think? And, please, do not hold back on the praise.''
Valeria handed him a cup of wine.
''I would say it was rather dull.''  Jaskier choked on his drink and dramatically layed his hand on his chest, trying to look as hurt as possible. A laugh escaped Valeria's mouth.
''If I remember correctly, your smiling and laughing said otherwise.'' Playfully rolling her eyes, she smacked his arm. ''It was a joke, Jaskier.'' pulling her hand back, a mischievous smile graced her face, ''Or should I say my Julian.''

Crashing sounds could be heard, making Valeria whip her head around, trying to see the commotion. An armed man came barging into the room. ''Forgive my late intrusion, Your Majesty, and for the misunderstanding with your guards.'' Valeria grabbed onto Jaskier's arm and pulled him behind her, not completely trusting the situation. ''Please! I come in peace. I need but one moment of your time.''
The unknown man stood infront of the royals. He kneeled while introducing himself as Lord Urcheon of Erlenwald. ''And I have come to claim your daughter's hand in marriage.'' Valeria could her an excited gasp behind her. With a sigh she elbowed Jaskier in the side, telling him to shut up. Queen Calanthe started to voice her thoughts: ''A knight of no renown from a backwater hamlet who dares to enter my court without revealing his face?'' The unknown knight apologized but to no avail when sir Eist smacked his helmet off. Various gasps could be heard throughout the room seeing what was under the layer of iron all this time. Valeria stared at the helpess knight with open mouth. The queen ordered Geralt to kill it but he refused. ''This is no monster. This knight has been cursed.'' Everyone waited in silence, not knowing what would happen next. Valeria was sure her tight grip on Jaskier was hurting him but she couldn't help the nerves taking over her. ''Slay this beast!'' A group of man approached the hedgehog-like man and tried to kill him. Lord Urcheon fought off a few while Geralt and Valeria watched him like a hawk. Valeria was not going to let an innocent life be taken, not on her watch. Urcheon raised his sword and pointed it at Calanthe. ''Lioness of Cintra, I come to claim what is rightfully mine! Pavetta. By the law of surprise.'' Valeria saw more men drawing their swords and readying themselves to attack.