Chapter 5: Penumbra

"Boruto?"

Sasuke was still trying to make sense of what was going on. A, what seems, older teenage looking Boruto was on top of Sasuke, welcoming him as if waiting for his arrival.

Boruto slowly glided his fingers down Sasuke's face then gently started brushing Sasuke's hair behind his ears, revealing Sasuke's face whole.

Behind Boruto, above, Sasuke began to see a dark body partially block the sun. It was unnoticeable at first, but slowly the mass began to consume the sunlight's rays.

While observing this sudden phenomenon, Sasuke now understood what was happening. This must be a solar eclipse, Sasuke thought, but one wasn't projected to happen until the year XXXY... wait, so this actually validates my assumption that I time traveled to the future. Only that would explain the eclipse taking place right now. It seems I'm not in the year XXXX, but the year XXXY, a couple of years down the road.

The eclipse was now maturing as the moon was almost blocking the sun completely. The sky was turning vermilion red from the few rays that the sun was still being able to emit.

Boruto now said in a low, husky voice, "Now there's no excuse that I'm a child now, is there?..."

Boruto harshly grabbed Sasuke's throat while smiling sinisterly. He relentlessly pushed Sasuke's chin up, making him look up to the sky, giving him full view of the eclipse.

Now with Sasuke's neck completely exposed, Boruto eagerly lowered his face towards Sasuke's neck. Resembling a vampire, he abruptly started to kiss Sasuke's neck with desperate desire.

The sudden touch of Boruto's lips caused Sasuke to gasp.

Disoriented, Sasuke just blankly stared at the ongoing eclipse. The red sky reflected onto Sasuke's right eye, giving his iris the qualities of a rubious galaxy.

Boruto continued to kiss Sasuke's neck while Sasuke remained still, slightly intensifying his breathing. The eclipse finally reached totality. The moon now completely covered the sun, causing the sky to turn pitch black. Upon the darkness, flashed the majestic corona, unshackling radiant streamers of unearthly light stretching myriad miles away.

Through the intense darkness, Boruto broke off from kissing onto Sasuke's neck and lifted his face to where he and Sasuke were now facing each other.

Boruto pet Sasuke's head slowly gliding his fingers down the back of Sasuke's head, stopping at the back of his neck, where he gripped harshly. Boruto's face tilted as if trying to better capture Sasuke's face. He slowly inserted his fingers into Sasuke's hair from the back of his head, entangling it around his fingers. Sasuke remained still as Boruto said in a low, yet dulcet tone, "Your beauty conquers the darkness"

Boruto hungrily leaned forward, already about to savor Sasuke's lips when he felt his lips bump into a pair of fingers.

Boruto opened his eyes to see Sasuke blocking his kiss while still looking up at the sky. Annoyed, Boruto exclaimed, "How long are you going to continue looking up at the eclipse?!" Boruto turned around to look up at what had Sasuke so intrigued. While Boruto's head began to turn, his eyes got blocked and his head harshly pulled back. Sasuke blocked Boruto's eyes with his hand to then force his face to it's original position. Due to loss of balance, Boruto ended up landing his face onto Sasuke's chest.

"What are you thinking?!" Sasuke angrily questioned, "Don't look up at the eclipse when the sun comes out from behind the moon! You'll damage your eyes!"

Boruto's face tucked into Sasuke's chest allowed him to notice Sasuke's change in heart rate due to his aggravated state.

Boruto slowly looked up while separating his face from Sasuke's chest. While rubbing his red nose, still in pain from the sudden impact, he saw bright solar rays crashing onto Sasuke's face, signaling the final phases of the eclipse.