Hopper gently pulled Cat away from him. "We gotta go." He muttered, repeating the phrase slightly louder as he picked up Will and the group followed him as they ran down hallways, trying to find a way out- or at the very least a safe place to hide.

They ran into a room, just off one of the hallways, and Owens locked the door behind them-not only locking them in, but also locking those creatures out.

Cat ran a shaky hand through her hair, terrified out of her mind and wanting nothing more than to cuddle up with her friends and family and watch a movie with them- probably 'Grease'.

"Oh, my God." Bob muttered and both Mike and Cat turned their heads so they could see what he was looking at. The wall was filled with different screens, all linked to different security cameras around the building. Cat nearly vomited at the sight. So many people were dead or were dying after being attacked by the vicious monsters that were roaming around. The group stared at the screens for a few moments until they turned their attention to the lights which had started flickering.

"That is never a good sign." Cat mumbled, feeling the hair on her neck start to raise and her nose start to trickle with blood.

Suddenly all the electrics shut off and Cat stumbled backwards into the wall. Flashes of the year before when she was in the Upside Down being chased by the Demogorgon and the events that took place in the Byers' house surfaced in her minds eye and she couldn't help but start to hyperventilate- now completely and utterly terrified.

***

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked Dustin as the group walked through the woods, following the old railway tracks.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"He was tiny two days ago." Max pointed out, confused.

"Well, he's molted three times already."

"Malted?" Steve questioned.

"Molted." Dustin corrected him before explaining. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin told her. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve commented. "Which Catherine's gonna kill you for." He mumbled.

The group stopped in their tracks as Lucas put his hand on Dustin's shoulder. "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No." Dustin lied.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews."

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked, confused by the argument occurring between the boys.

"It's Cat and Dustin's cat. Mainly Cat's though."

"Steve!" Dustin yelled.

"I knew it!" Lucas yelled, pushing Dustin slightly. "You kept him!"

"No!" Dustin denied. "No. No, I... No, I..." He struggled to get his words out. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!"

"I didnt know he was a Demogorgon, okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max told them.

"I care!" Lucas yelled. He turned back to Dustin. "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you!" Dustin fired back.

"What?"

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin waved his torch in Max's face.

The young redhead scoffed. "A stranger?"

"You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas fired at Dustin.

"But I didn't, Lucas, okay? I didn't tell her!"

The two continued to argue as Steve's attention was caught by the screeching in the distance and he began to worry even more about his best friend's safety. Was she okay? Was she safe? Although, none of them knew that at that very moment, Catherine Henderson was in the middle of all the danger that was occurring.

"Guys?" Steve called out to them, taking a couple of steps away from them. "Guys!" Steve yelled, grabbing the young teens' attention. More screeching could be heard and all of them turned to the direction the noise was coming from. Steve raised his bat and rested it on his shoulder and racing off towards the noise. Dustin and Lucas were quick to follow him.

"No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound?" Max called after them before hurrying to catch up with them before she ended up lost in the darkness of the woods.

***

Edited: 23/5/2020

Edit 2: 10/9/2021