"You don't like the idea, honey?"

He turned to look at her. "No, it's a great idea. I'm just terrible at it," he grimaced, chuckling a little.

I couldn't help the smile on my face. "Don't worry. I haven't played padel since middle school. You can't be worse than me," I reassured him, making him look up at me.

A cheeky grin formed on his face. "Well, then I can't wait for tonight," he laughed.

Rolling my eyes, I looked at Nicole who seemed amused. "I think none of us are any good at it. I just thought it was a great thing to do to get to know each other better," she shrugged.

"It's perfect," mom agreed. "Have you reserved a court or do you want me to do it?"

"It's all fixed. Don't worry about it," Nicole reassured her, sending her an appreciative smile.

With that said, we started getting up from the kitchen table. Since Nicole had been nice to make the food, Timmy and I decided to do the dishes. I washed them while he either put them in the dishwasher or dried them, depending on what item it was.

Meanwhile, mom and Nicole went into the living room to watch TV, so we were all alone in the kitchen. It probably shouldn't make me nervous any longer considering we had been in the same house for a day now, but it did. Being alone with Timmy was nerve-wracking because no matter what, I still looked up to him.

"Let's see who will be the first one to break something while doing this," he joked when I had turned on the water.

I looked over at him, feeling my heart race because damn, he was so close. A step to the left, and I would be touching his shoulder. This was not healthy for me at all.

"I hope it's not me, but judging by what has happened so far, I wouldn't be surprised if it is," I sighed. The fact that he was standing so close to me didn't help with that either. I could feel how slippery everything was in my hands.

"Maybe you were just unlucky at the beginning. Who knows?" He chuckled, taking the glass from my hands when I had finished washing it.

We continued doing the dishes in silence for a while, me being extra careful not to drop anything. I really didn't want to embarrass myself more than I had already done in front of him.

"So, what do you do for a living?" He wondered after a few minutes, and I could feel him stare at the side of my face.

Trying not to think about it, I took a deep breath. "I work at a bakery."

His eyebrows shot up. "Oh, you do? Which one?"

Did he really want to know all this or was he just trying to make conversation? Either way, I decided to answer him. "It's called 'Gregory's bakery' after the owner. It's not very popular, though, so I bet you don't know about it."

He pursed his lips in thought before shaking his head. "No, never heard of it. Do you like it? I mean, do you enjoy working there?" He wondered.

It wasn't until then I turned to look at him in suspicion. "Why are you asking me this?"

He raised his hands in defense, his lips twitching. "I was just curious. I have heard a lot of people working at bakeries with different opinions about it. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

I let out a sigh, turning back to continue washing the dishes. "Well, I like the customers. It's mostly the same people coming there every day because as said, there aren't many people who know about it. Therefore, you really get to know a lot of them. Additionally, I work together with my best friend, so I can't really complain about it."