ċһѧpţєя ţɰo

The bell finally rang although I didn't really want it to cause all I wanted to do was stare at kyler, which wasnt hard cause he was seated in front of me.

I walked to my locker which was conveniently close to my EGD so I didn't have to walk too far. I always wait for Sammy here at my locker so we can go have lunch together. I don't like sitting alone.

While I wait I take out my phone and start listening to music. I am half way through my favorite song when someone taps me on my shoulder. I assume that it's Sammy cause who else would bother me? Other than my bully for the past year or so. But let's not talk about that now.

I turn expecting to see my everbubbly bundle of joy but instead I see a beautiful mess of colorful eyes. I've didn't notice it before but kyler's eyes are not one sertain colour. They go blue then green then grey then black then brown. Its really cool but also really weird cause I've never seen anyones eyes change colour that much.

Again I realize that I'm staring so I start blushing and quickly look down. Kyler cleats his throat then says, "Um I wanted to ask you if you would..." Before he could finish we were rudely interrupted by Sammy. "Lee oh my word you'll never guess what I just found out!!" Sammy practically screams as she comes in between Kyler and I which earns us some curious looks from people.

She doesn't even give me time to answer and she carries on, "there's a new guy in school and I found out that his in your EGD class and his coming tomorrow and his name's Kyler." She squeals.

"So maybe you can finally get a boyfriend..." I put my hand around her mouth before she can finish her sentence and embarrass me in front of Kyler. "Uhh OK thanks Samantha for the information. Hey did you meet my new friend." I say gesturing towards Kyler who seems to find this whole situation very amusing.

Sammy turns around and sees Kyler then gives me a 'oh la la' look. "Hey there. Im Samantha but you can call me Sammy." She says with a flirty smile. I know that smile very well. She uses it to reel in the guys she likes and it gets her whatever she wants and if she wants to tie the knot and play  boyfriendgirlfriend then she swings her hip and says, "you're really cute. Do you have a girlfriend?"

That's my friend." Hey. I'm kyler. You know the new guy that's in Baileys class?" He says with a smirk. Let me just say that the look on Sammy's face was price less. She starts laughing nervously then looks at me with 'why didn't you tell me look.

"So um where did you find out all this information about me?" He asks while leaning on a locker. "Well I..at...its..well no... I was walking by the office then I heard them talking about a new student coming tomorrow by the name of Kyler then Mr Robert, your EGD teacher, walked in and they said that he would also be in the EGD class. So yeah" Sammy says with a nervous smile.

Kyler and I both started laughing then kyler looks at me with a baby smile. "You have a cute laugh." He says and I'm thinking that his talking to Sammy until I look up and see him looking directly at me. "Wait are you talking to me?" I ask him.

"Yeah I am." He says, making me blush at full blast and I not able to hide it. "Um...what did you want to ask me before?" I say trying to change the subject. While all this was happening, Sammy had moved from in between Kyler and I and she was now standing next to me.

"Oh I was gonna ask if you wanted to have lunch with me? I'm gonna sit with Brian and his crew." Kyler says, motioning to where Brian was.

Brian.

One of the cool kids.

The people that are posh and rich and wear  designer clothes.

I wouldn't say I wish to be one of them. But sometimes I just wonder. How it would be like. To have attention from everyone in school including the boys. To always be able to cry crocodile tears in math class when I don't do my homework.

I just wonder.

"Hello? Earth to Blue? Earth to Bailey!" Sammy says while shaking me. "Wait..wat...where..who? Samantha why are you shaking me?" I ask her a little irritated. "Kyler asked you if you wanted to have lunch with him then you just zoned out for like five minutes." She says.

"Oh sorry. Well actually I don't think I can have lunch with you today cause I need to help um Samantha here with heeerrr english homework?" That came out like a question more than a statement.

"What no that's a lie I don't...." Sammy didn't get to finish her sentence cause I covered her mouth with my hand and started walking away slowly. "Sorry kyler maybe tomorrow okay? yeah?" I say and kyler nods a little disappointed and walks away then I quickly pull Samantha outside to our little garden that we sit at during lunch.

"What the hell Bailey?! Why did you say no? This is our chance to be popular and for you to have a boyfriend." She says.

"You know one of the reasons why don't have a boyfriend is because every time I meet someone and become friends with them then you always say to the person 'I hope you'll be her first boyfriend' I mean who says that to someone and thank goodness I stopped you before you almost disclosed how lonely I'm to Kyler." I say while taking out a bag of lays and sitting on the bench that was under the tree.

"Ugh whatever. You know I'm just looking out for you peaches." She says in a baby voice. Whenever Samantha wants to low key apologize to me she always calls me peaches. Its what my baby sister calls me.

"Sammy, Samantha, baby. Let's just eat and forget about everything else." I say while starting to eat my bag of chips.

"All I'm sayin is that you should at least give it a try. Kyler may be your saving grace."
Samantha says and I just mumble in return.

_____________________

Thanks for reading.

💙