Deciding to ignore it, taking it as some weird demon thing I could figure out later, I got back into the rhythm.

But it only lasted so long, before something that felt like a full-force kick blasted into my stomach, and of like sound as I tried to keep myself up.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Retz asked, her hand caressing myself, which took my everything to not pull away.

"No," I got up and grabbed my shirt, throwing it on, only to feel a flurry of a kick like pains in my stomach. Nothing was hitting me and there was no physical evidence of pain, so what was going on.

"Hey, Gon..."

I started to walk in the door, interrupting what she was going to say, "I gotta go." I didn't wait for a response before I left and started to run down the stairs, feeling more pain all over my body. I had no idea where it was all coming from and I was slowly beginning to feel weakened. I'd soon need to change out of this form in order to possibly recover, but it didn't seem like it was really doing much damage.

I started to pass people once I got to the ground floor. The party had started to thin out as the night went on and the few that were there could obviously see my discomfort. They were yelling after me as I made my way out the front door.

Once I was out of the party's sight, which just so happened to be a deserted park, but all parks were deserted in the early hours of the morning.

I shifted forms, which made the pain become mere pinches. In this form, I was able to access my situation. I looked over myself, seeing no actual marks, but the ring that had been forged into my finger — due to the binding with Killua — was glowing brightly.

"Is he?" I asked allowed, but my mind started to kick into overdrive. I spread out my wings and launched myself into the sky and shot over to Killua's house.

I honestly didn't know what was going on, but if I was getting hurt, then it's quite possible that it was all coming from Killua. Which meant he was in danger — but from who?

The world below me blurred as I flew faster, still feeling the pinch of pain all over, but they had dulled, more like the residing sting you feel afterward.

It didn't take me that long to get to the home, sliding into the opened window to the attic and shifting back into my human form.

I rushed my way towards the trap door in the floor, opening it to see the black void that was Killua's closet. I crawled through the door and down the shelf, tiptoeing my way towards the door, and leaning my ear against it. I listened for any sounds coming from the other side of the door, knowing Killua would be livid if his parents found me in his room.

Once I believed the room was clear, I opened up the door and glanced into Killua's room, only to be greeted by the same darkness, except for the moon shining into the bedroom and a slit of light spanning the room, originating from the bathroom.

One more glance around and I was walking towards the bathroom, starting to finally notice the carnage that had taken over the room. Lamps were thrown from their places, books with torn pages lay strewn across the room, and Killua's desk chair had been thrown over. It looked as if someone had entered the room only to purposely destroy it, and it made a slight concern in my stomach grow larger.

Finally coming to the bathroom door, I listened in, only to hear heavy breathing. I knocked once, and the breathing completely stopped, as if the person behind the door was trying to erase their presence. I gathered what courage I could because, for the first time in a while, I was scared. I wasn't ready for what would be behind that door, and the suspension of the moment wasn't helping.