The Book - chapter 2

Mark's p.o.v

"How can I stay calm?!" shreiked Kelly. She was pacing around Annie and I. I saw Annie plug her ears and Kelly screamed, once again. I smirked. Annie was so entertaning.

Thren Kelly rounded on me and opened her moouth. "Why'd you let it get away?!" She screamed in my ear. I stumbled back and closed my eyes.

"BECAUSE!!" I shouted. "Annie wants to go a adventure, so we will NOT waste damn time!"

'A-acually, that was supposed to happen..." Annie whispered.

"Eh?" Kelly asked, turning around.

"This, in the book." Annie said.

"Give me it." Kelly demanded. I stood there, amused over the fact that pre-teens are fighting over a stuoid book.

"No, it would ruin your future." Annie replied.

"Yes." Kelly said again.

"No."

"YES."

"NO."

"Y-" Kelly began.

"ALRIGHT!" I yelled. I snatched the book from Annie and put it in my pocket. "Enough."

Kelly froze completly and Annie looked like I just slapped her. I sighed, "Don't worry Annie, I'm not going to look."

The words 'liar' appeared on my wrist and shot a pain through my arm. I looked at Kelly but she was investigating the bushes where the creature used to be.

I threw my knife and purposly missed Kelly's head. "What?..." She mummbled.

"Come-on-and-get-these-words-of-my-wrist!" I yelled as for each word sent a wash of pain over me.

"WHY SHOULD I?!"  Kelly shouted, but she know those words would get her in trouble. "S-sorry Mark..." She walked past me; head down and shaking with, what a guessed, fear.

I sighed and gestured Annie to go up in front. Before she had time to argue, I pushed her infront of me.

She stummbled a few times but got her footing. I look back and see huge cat-like amber eyes watching us. I smirked and the creature and turned and walked.