Primordial Parallels

Start from the beginning

He knocked on Jungkook's door several times as he grew more and more impatient with the necessity of standing idly in front of a door, hoping that the maknaes would hear his pounding. He decided he would wait a few seconds before going in.

Luckily, Jungkook opened the door groggily before Namjoon had to come in uninvited. He couldn't help but observe the fact that Jk was wearing an unzipped hoodie, which Namjoon could tell he rapidly threw over his bare torso in case there was a manager or a noona at the door. The zipper didn't aid him in his quest to move fast and with precision. The maknae seemed relieved to tell that it was his hyung at the door and not anybody else.

"Ammm... Kookie, could you let Taehyung know that a car will be here for him in about 45 minutes?" Namjoon said warmly and Jungkook's head briefly turned to the bed and back. He rubbed the back of his head uncomfortably as he nodded politely to the elder.

"I will..." he said sleepily. "I need to go to the studio as well, anyway so thank you for waking... us... up." He stuttered and bowed his head slightly.

"...Us" Namjoon repeated in his mind.

There had always been an "us" concerning the two so why did Jungkook hesitate? "Us" wasn't a bad word. "Us" wasn't compromising. "Us" wasn't unheard of.

The dawn...

Something changed...

Suddenly, Namjoon felt like that particular morning was different altogether. It mimicked the first day of spring that one doesn't even notice, mind buried still in the grief for winter. He scanned Jungkook's expression but there was nothing he could understand from it except the fact that the maknae was a bit flustered and a bit tired and a bit... calmer or less preoccupied? It wasn't until Jungkook smiled and began closing the door that Namjoon understood how awkward he was by sitting there, trying to figure out if the kid in front of him was actually happy or not but there was more than happiness to it. It was a sense of serenity.

The door closed and the leader went back to his room. In the eve of the disbandment, Jungkook smiled and Jungkook smiled because of an "us" more than he did because Namjoon must have looked like an over-analyzing fool.

"Well, I'll be damned, Yoongi... You were right. I doubted it but you were right." Namjoon thought and shook his head in disbelief. "They won't let go of the other even when Bangtan is no more, but will they survive out there? Will they survive when the press finds out that they moved in together although they are not part of the same band anymore? Will they overcome it?"

Namjoon sat on the bed and began writing in a notebook.

Jungkook closed the door and casually took off his hoodie while moving back to the bed where Tae laid down peacefully. He pushed a few hairs out of Tae's closed eyes and a Lauv song came to his mind. He had to abstain himself from humming although he knew Taehyung would like it if he outright sang the song for him.

"Was that Joonie hyung?" Tae spoke with his lips in the pillow.

The maknae continued caressing the elder's hair gingerly and then moved his fingers on the warm skin on his back. He drew invisible patterns until Tae laughed shortly and shifted his position.

"Stop that. It tickles..." Tae said between faint giggles and he placed himself closer to Jungkook, resting half of his body on his chest, enjoying the sensation of skin on skin and the warmth which stretched itself all over him. There was unmatched pleasure in the sensation of their bodies together, protected by covers and walls. The younger boy noticed how the scent of vanilla made way to the realness of Tae's smell which, somehow, was even more enticing. Jungkook took everything in with a fuzzy mind and wrapped his arms around Tae as he continued to caress him while also observing the small, blonde hairs and smoothness on Tae's broad shoulders.