//5 My Hero

Paring: Reader x Geralt of Rivia

POV: 3-person's

Worlds: 844

A stranger riding has ridden into the village you heard the men you just served talking about. But why should you care? You are no more than a simple waitress at the tavern. You own nothing more than your simple dresses and the food you eat with only a few coins in your pocket. You are neither a princess nor a noble lady. You are just a simple daughter of the owner of the tavern.

"One more ale here, sweet heart," a soldier yells at you from his table, where several soldiers sat with him, laughing and ordering all throughout the evenings. They have been in the village for a week now and do not seem to have any plans to leave the village. And every night since they came here they have sat at the same table and ordered the same order while their eyes hunger followed you. You have tried not to think about their following looks but tonight it is extra difficult considering that it is only them and an elderly man sitting in the other side of the room having a meal. The door opens and the stranger they talked about comes in. It must be him, you think. After that you never put him in the village before and he is not dressed as a soldier. He is dressed in a button down shirt and has two swords on his back. He walks up to the counter you stand behind. His breathing is deep and his eyes fixed on you. Though he does not look at you as the soldiers do before his eyes are not filled with neither desire nor hunger his are relaxed and bright yellow. His eyes are like a wolf's, you think.
"An ale?" you ask when he doesn't say anything and he nods before putting any coins on the counter. You watch him walk toward one of the tables in a dark corner.You wake up from your thoughts when you hear the soldier's voice calling for you.
"What happened to my ale, sweets?"You quickly fill up a mug of ale for the soldier and yell
"I'm on my way, give me a second." You take another mug and fill it up. The stranger with the yellow glowing eyes and white hair studies you as you balance your tray with one hand. His eyes continue to follow you as you reach the soldiers laughing out loudly.
The mug puts you in front of the soldier smiling at you and you smile back shyly at him. You exhale as you are about to leave the soldiers with an arm wrapped around your waist and you drop the tray as you land in the soldier's lap.
"You should stay here with us, honey. Keep us company for a while, what do you say?" His words are falling innocently over his tongue but you know you have no choice. One of the soldier's hands pulls in your neckline to widen more skin of your chest.
"I think she wants you to let her go," says a dark voice behind the soldiers and you meet his yellow eyes.
"You can have her after us," says one of the soldiers, laughing, while soldiers who hold you pinch in your chin and he opens his mouth: "We promise not to ruin her pretty face too much." You want to cry out of hand words and his hands taking over your body as if you were his lover. But you would rather die than be a lover of this beast to man. "I warned you" was all the stranger said before he pulled out a dagger and put it in one of the soldiers' hands against the wooden surface of the table. The other soldiers, or should you say the beasts, rise up to pull their weapons. The man lets you go and you fall to the floor when he is about to take his sword.
"I wouldn't do it if I were you, because when I pull the dagger out of your friend's hand, he'll bleed to death if you don't get help. Now!" he said, pulling the dagger out of the man's hand. The blood splashes and he screams. The soldiers seem to hesitate, but when they hear their friend's cry for help, they run out of the tavern. The stranger leaves the bleeding man before he reaches you. He helps you up and looks for damage to your body with his yellow eyes, his wolf eyes. "Can I know the name of my rescuer?" you ask shyly as you take in his face with your starving eye's.
He smiles down at you and puts a hand to your soft cheek.
"Geralt, Geralt of Rivia" he says and follows your soft cheek with his thumb."Geralt" you breathe "My Hero" and those words make his little smile grow so you can see his white teeth.

I want you to know that I am making proposals for upcoming chapters and "Arrange marrage" will get a part of two.