Chapter 9

*time skip*

Eddie fumbled with the hem of his shirt as he looked up at his front door, he readjusted his backpack and sighed before turning the door handle and stepping inside, he really didn't want to go back home, it had been quite a few hours since they had gotten back from camping and it was already getting dark. Him and the other losers hung out at Bills house for a bit after they got back, but after leaving, Eddie hung out at the clubhouse by himself because he didn't want to go home yet.

But now it was time to face his fear and just return, it's not like he could sleep at the clubhouse, and he knew his mom would get even angrier if he wasn't at home for yet another night. "Eddie bear? Is that you?" Sonia called from the living room chair, "yes ma.." he replied quietly, heading towards the stairs,

"aren't you going to come here?" she asked,

Eddie took a deep breath before walking back towards the living room and looking at her, "you didn't call to tell me when you'd be home or if you were okay, I was worried sick Eddie..!" she said in an angry tone, "sorry mama.. I just forgot that's all.. I promise I won't do it again," he sighed, she scanned his face, looking for any signs he was lying, "who did you stay with?"

"...Bill," he lied, knowing that she wouldn't accept any other answer, "better not have been that Tozier kid too.. you know how i've told you he's a bad influence," she said as she returned her attention back to the TV. Eddie knew exactly why she thought Richie was a bad influence, and not just because he was an annoying idiot who couldn't keep his mouth shut, but also because she had occasionally caught them holding hands, or hugging for just a little too long. Eddies mom was highly homophobic and Eddie knew it too, if she found out her son was gay, the couple would probably never see each other again.

Eddie was just about to walk away when his mom stopped him again, "oh and Eddie bear? When you come back it's time to take your pills," he paused for a second, thinking whether to refuse like last time or just accept it, "...okay ma.." he replied, knowing that refusing would just make things worse, he then ran up the stairs to his room as quickly as possible and shut the door behind him. Tears started streaming down his face as he sat on the floor and brought his knees up to his chest, he quickly took his inhaler out of his fanny pack before pumping it into his mouth, after he had calmed himself down, he wiped his tears away and stood up.

"Put them in your mouth, but don't swallow" Richies words from before kept repeating in his head, he knew exactly what to do, "put the pills in your mouth, but don't swallow them.." Eddie whispered to himself, "you can do this.." he said before opening the door and walking back downstairs.

*time skip*

"There he is," said Bill, opening the arcade door, Eddie shoving through it, "Richie? Are you serious? We were looking everywhere for you!" he walked over to his boyfriend and clapped his hands in front of his face which was dimly lit by the arcade game, "hold on one sec..!" Richie urged as he pushed Eddies hands out of the way.

This just annoyed Eddie even more so he started tugging at Richies arms, causing him to lose the game, "Eddie what the hell! I almost beat my street fighter high score..!" he yelled, throwing his hands up in the air just to put them down again,

"Mike got hurt you insensitive dumbass!" Eddie spat,

Richies eyes widened, "wh-what are you talking about..?" he asked nervously, adjusting his glasses. Bill came up from behind Eddie, answering Richies question,