Chapter 54: Todays The Day

Rey's POV:

I wake up from a nightmare and instinctively reach over to grab Ben's hand for comfort but he's not there. I start to panic before I remember that he stayed in one of the other rooms last night. My nerves have me on edge and the nightmare didn't help at all. I got out the bed and started pacing back and forth like I see Ben do every so often. "I can't believe today is the day I am marrying him." It just seems like yesterday we started planning everything. Everything's been moving so fast it almost makes my head spin.

There is a knock at the door and Rose comes in quickly, before slamming the door behind her. I hear Poe, Finn, and Ben arguing in the hallway. "What the force is going on out there?" I ask Rose with a surprised look on my face. "First of all you overslept. You were supposed to be up and showered before I got here. It's already one in the afternoon girl. The last thing we need is the bride to be late to her own wedding, as for the boys. Ben says he sensed you having a nightmare or something along those lines and wanted to check up on you. The Finn and Poe won't let him because if he sees you before the wedding it's supposed to be bad luck or something." Rose lectures and explains. I know if I don't do something Ben might end up hurting someone. Running to the door, press my back to it, and I barely crack it open enough to allow me to slide my hand out. "What are you doing?" Rose yells at me. "Get always from the door! He could see you?" She continues. I ignore her as I feel Ben grab my hand. I stroke the back of his hand with my thumb. "I'm ok Ben. It was just a bad dream." I say trying to soothe him. "The one about me dying back on Exagol again?" He asks, his tone filled with concern. "Ben it's ok it was in the past now, I know that. I was like this when I lost my parents too. The dreams will eventually fade, I promise." I let out a sigh of relief when his death grip on my hand loses slightly. I squeeze his hand one last time then excuse myself to get ready for probably the biggest day of mine and Ben's life.