CHAPTER - 2

Mrs Jameson called me and said that Alisha had died... She was killed when she was going home from the cafe, where she invited me to go with her. She was brutally murdered. It's all my fault if only I went with her then maybe she wouldn't had to face such a cruel fate... If only.
Zaidal went along with me to the hospital where Alisha's body was taken. Her parents were silently crying at the corner infront of a hospital bed covered in a white sheet some places soaked with red. That's where my Alisha is. Mr and Mrs Jameson were also present. I slowly walked towards the bed and with a shaky hand went on to remove the hospital sheet from her. Mr Jameson held my hand back nodding me to not to.

Me" Let me see her one last time please"

I said him with tears in my eyes. He reluctantly loosened my hand from his grip. I slowly removed the sheet. What was before me was nothing like my cheery , bubbly and fun loving best friend. There were several deep cuts and gashes everywhere on her body. Some areas of her body ,flesh was carved out with a sharp object. She was tortured.. My only best friend, who is more of a family to me was tortured to death. Then it shadowed on me. I felt my whole body fire up with fury. I was so angry that I didn't realise that my hand strated to glow slightly, until Mrs Jameson whispered to me covering up the body .

Mrs Jameson" Stop it , control yourself love. Come with me "

I excused myself from Al's parents and followed Mrs Jameson out.

Me" It was them.. I saw their brand on her body . Oh! I felt her pain and her memory flash before me when I touched her! She was in so much pain .. Those vile creatures were laughing at her ! I will kill every single one of them ! Mrs Jameson tell the council to meet up within 30mins at my meeting room ! "
Mrs Jameson "Yes as you say. I will notify them now itself and tell Alister too to prepare for the meeting. "

Mrs Jameson hurries off towards Mr Jameson . I slowly walk out of the hospital and see Zaidal standing . He looked up at me from his phone.

Zaidal" Amora , are you okay ? "
Me" Yes , I am okay for now . I have calmed down . I will be leaving now for home. See you later Zaidal."
Zaidal" Amora , b-but are you sure you are okay ? You look horrible . Why don't you ju-"

I stopped him midsentence.

Me" Zaidal , I just want to be alone. I just lost my best friend , my sister ,my most precious person in the world. So of-ofcourse I will look horrible !! I am sorry but can we not talk right now ! I will see you later . I have to go"

He looked at me with a forlorn look and said to me .

Zaidal" You know you can talk to me about anything . Just call me when you are stable.."

I nodded my head in his direction and started walking when Alisha's mom Mrs Diaz stopped me .

Mrs Diaz" Amora my child! Wait! We know how close you were to our little girl .. We are going to held her funeral at our family cemetery tomorrow after th-they patch up her- her body.. Ahhhh!"

She started sobbing uncontrollably.
I pat her back and hugged her.

Me"Don't cry auntie"

I said trying to stiffle my own sobs.

Me" We will find the people who did this to her don't worry and I will be there at her funeral just let me know the time when you feel alright okay. If you and uncle need anything just know that I'll always be there for you both "
Mrs Diaz" Thank you my dear thank you . She was a really lucky girl to have you . Take care my child"

Saying her goodbyes we parted our ways. Mr Jameson was waiting for me by holding the car door for me to enter. I slowly dragged my feet and sat inside. I was both angry and sad at the same time . I want to rip out every single of my hair and destroy everything in front of me . In the end I let out a loud wail full of anguish and sobbed uncontrollably into Mrs Jameson's shoulder. While Mr Jameson drived us to our mansion.

_______________________________________

After reaching home I freshened up and tided myself for the meeting. Now let me tell you what I am actually .
I am a Jinn . Actually Queen of the Jinns. Yes it's true Jinns exist . We exist everywhere. We are present among the normal people and blend in we even possess a human being either forcefully or reluctantly or just mutually. There are good ones and there are bad ones. Me? Why did I possess Amora's body ? Or did I actually possess her forcefully ? Am I good am I bad? No I didn't posses her. I am actually Qarin. We are like the Shadows or just spirits that are companion of every human being. Before Amora was born I was a pure Jinn. After she was born I was placed along with her . But when she passed onto a vegetative state ,I regained my own self but because of our bond I can't be separated from her . She is like my mortal self .Right now I have to meet the other Jinn council members. Some are like me Qarins who took control of their companions and some are in their pure  Jinn forms.
We are actually the the good Jinns. I have 9 major tribes under me . Each tribe is governed by one minister. Right now I will be meeting up with those ministers.
What about the bad Jinns? Well they are Demons or also called the Devils or Shaytans in different religions. They are the abode of evil. They harm other beings just for their amusement or just to make them befall because they are the cursed ones . Hence they wants the human beings to suffer.
My dear Alisha was killed by one such group of Shaytans possessing humans. Why did they do it ? Its because of me ... I am at fault . I should have protected her .. I failed...