Chapter 1

16-02/20

edit: 12-04/20

Zahra heard it, she heard the rumors when ever she entered a gala or a party with Dante. He was sleeping around with different women. But she ignored it. Instead she just held on to Dante's arm a little tighter. She knew it was true. He'd smell of women perfumes, his friends would look at her with pity and shame. She'd seen the hickeys on his neck and the marks on his back. They were created by somebody else since he never was home enough for her to touch him. Even if they worked in the same building he'd never see her. He'd always eat lunch alone and the few times she'd go to visit his assistant would look at her with pity in his eyes and tell her "You don't wanna see what's going on" or "You are aware of what he is doing right?".  She'd nod and smile the saddest smile that would break the young assistants heart as she walked away. Then she'd make her way to her office and cry to herself, wondering what had gone wrong with their marriage.

She was a very smart women, a degree in both economics and law as well as accounting. She met Dante at Yale University but their parents had known each other for a while. He'd graduated a year earlier with the same degrees and took over his dad's company. Together Dante & Zahra expanded the  empire. With Zahras brilliant ideas and Dante's recourses they opened up globally, working with companies all over the word. Aswell as making it to Forbes 30 under 30. Together they where a power couple, a couple many looked up to. But now there wasn't much left anymore.

It was monday, a new day of a new week. The clock was 6.00 as Zahra woke up, his side of the bed was empty & cold as usual. Sometimes he would sleep in the guestroom but as she made her way over she was meet with an empty bed, no clothes lay on the floor. The bathroom hadn't been used, the dirty clothes basket was empy. He didn't come home last night. Why was she even suprised?

She made her way to shower and took a quick cold shower, she tried not to cry but the tears  still fell . She washed her hair with shampoo and balsam since she was in a hurry. Her first meeting was at 8.00. She washed her body slowly, wondering why Dante wouldnt touch her body, her skin, her curves. She was beautiful, the dark brown of her skin that would radidate golden hues in the sun, she had always been healthy,  thick long legs that led to wide hips and quite a full blossom. Her waist was defined, there where no rolls of fat, only her tummy held a slight pudge but she'd always thought a bit of fat on the body was beautiful. Her chest was averge, a D cup. There wasn't anything wrong with her. She stepped out the shower, put on a towel and looked at herself in the mirror. Her face was beautiful, she had big full lips, big brown eyes, naturally arched eyebrows and defined checkbones, she had natural countor and her jawline was sharp. Her cheecks where just the tiniest bit chubby but chuppy enough for her grandma to pinch. 

She watched as her tears fell, this wasn't how her marriage was supposed to go. A divorce wasnt even an option since she would lose half the fortune she'd busted her ass working for and even though her husband was hurting her immensly she didnt think he deserved to lose half of the fortune he'd worked for. Together they worked smart, they created jobs and oppurtinites for people all over the globe, there where so many investments, so many stocks, so much that had been made for others and she was not ready to lose control of it, she didn't want to fight for it either. Taking this to court would led to scandals, it would make their busniess seem untrustworthy and she'd lose so much money, time and energy on doing so. The tears had dried and she went back to her bedroom. She lotioned her body and face and put curl defining cream in her hair. She always wore her 3c curls natural,  or in braids, or in a afro. She applied  red lipstick and mascara to her face. She put on a matching red underwear set, a red black satin shirt and a black custom fitted suit to sat perfectly on her 5'5 height. She put on her black red bottoms, although she looked expensive she felt cheap, cheap for staying in this lame excuse of a marriage. The clock was 7.30 as she grabbed her black bag and made her way out of the apartment.