Chapter 15: Forgotten and Found

"h................(a/........."

"he...y...........(A/............".

"(A/3)!".

3 jolted up at the sound of his friends' call. Looking around with groggy eyes he scanned the area and there stood his oldest friend.

"Cod (A/3), I thought you were dead for a moment. I called your name a thousand times but you wouldn't  respond...." She said with a tilt of her head. The two of them were sitting in the Inkopolis square just outside of the tower.

"Ugh, I had the weirdest dream. It was so crazy and..." 3 stopped for a moment. Looking up he saw the face of his closest friend, someone he felt he hadn't seen in such a long time.

"Hey (A/3)? You okay? You seem out of it." She asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine Jaycee.".

She jumped back and began to head to the tower. "Well come on silly! We've got a match to get to!" Jaycee exclaimed with a bright smile.

"Yeah, Yeah, let's go...." 3 stood up and wobbled a bit.

"(A/3)? (A/3)?!........(A/......."

"3 WAKE UP!"

3 jolted up from his position on the train. He looked around to see the others looking at him in concern. In front of him was 4.5 who had his hands placed on both of 3's shoulders.

"Geez man, you kept moaning in your sleep like you were having a nightmare or something" 4.5 said and backed away.

3 seemed to have fallen asleep on the train while on the way back to octo canyon. He yawned and stretched as the others just watched.

"We're almost back to the main station where we entered. Once there we need to get to octo canyon immediately" 4 announced.

Shortly after she had said That, over the intercom came the announcement for the main station.When the train screeched to a stop the whole gang got off and began their way back to where Calie and Marie were last heard from.

"You guys think the others are okay?" Pearl asked.

"Can't be sure, but all we can do is hope for the best right now. Especially with the lack of information on the situation" 4 answered.

Lagging behind the rest was 3. He seemed a bit out of sorts since having that strange dream. 4.5 took note of his behavior and lagged behind as well.

"What's on your mind?" 4.5 asked.

3 contemplated telling 4.5 about the dream. Deciding it would be best to talk about it, he explained his dream in detail.

"Geez, I'm....sorry man..." 4.5 could only apologize. Having such a harsh memory be brought up in such dire circumstance must have had a bad effect on 3 mentally.

"The only thing about it though was that....well...it didn't feel like I was talking to Jaycee. It felt like someone else...some one familiar" 3 elaborated on the small bit of conversation in the dream. It hadn't been much of a conversation at all but it was enough to give 3 a strange feeling.

"You think You had the dream because...well..." 4.5 trailed off.

"Cause' of who?"

".....8...."

The two of them went silent. It was to no one's surprise that the conversation ended there. Current events were held as dire and left their hearts both determined and yet, deterred.

The whole group went silent shortly afterwards. After 4 and pearl's banter began to fade, voices could not be heard and the silence left the whole group feeling a little emptier than before.

Luckily it wasn't long until they were back at octo canyon. Things had been damaged before but now the whole place looked completely trashed. There were ink splatters everywhere and what little building had been there before was damaged beyond repair.

"What in the Shell...." 3 trailed off.

"What happened here?" 4 interjected and began to frantically look around.

The whole group began to search the whole area in attempt to find answers.

In the distance there was a coughing noise. 4.5 being the closest approaches the source slowly. Carefully gripping a box that had been hiding the source, he quickly pulled the box away and aimed his weapon.

On the other end of the sights was one of the missing squid sisters, Callie.

"4-4.5?" She barely managed to choke out. She was wounded heavily and seemed to weak to move.

It took 4.5 no time at all to drop his weapon and drop to his knees in front of her. He gently pulled her into his arms and held her.

"Wh-who did this?" 4.5 said barely above a whisper. His eyes began to fill with tears of both fear and anger. The others at this point stood behind him.

"B-beware...of...the...twins" was all she could say before she stopped moving and went limp.

Everyone went silent, it was almost as if everyone held their breath in fear. It took moments of complete shock until pearl spoke up.

"I-is she..." She couldn't bare to finish her sentence.

"She's still breathing, she's alive" 4.5 answered.

"Take her back home and make sure She'll be okay. Pearl go with him" 4 gave orders to the two agents.

Neither of them held any objections. 4.5 stood up with Callie in his arms and left silently with pearl trailing behind him.

3 waltzed up to 4 "What did she mean by twins?"

4 didn't answer his question and let her mind fall into itself. All these questions and mysterious warnings, and yet no concrete answers.

"Keeps sweeping the area, we found Callie but Marie is still MIA." Wad all she said as she ventured deeper into octo canyon. 3 followed shortly after her.

From above however, a singular figure could be seen watching over the pair. A stern look painted their face. In one moment after they were gone with the wind.

(UNEDITED)