Chapter 3 :The Promise

Soon enough, the light from window began to shine through the curtain

Soon enough, the light from window began to shine through the curtain. Stirring from sleep, 8 opens her eyes and looked around. She tried to move but felt heavy, she looked at things more closely and found that she had been sleeping in 3s' Embrace. Blushing like mad, she kept questioning what to do about the boy holding her so closely.

"Ehh!?"

"W-w-what do I do?!"

"I-I can't risk waking him!"

"A-a-and why do I feel so flustered being so close to him?!?!?!?"

"I-i-i mean, I'm an octoling a-and he's an inkling!"

"OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod!!!?!?"

"What do I do?!!?!?!?"

Silently panicking to herself, she failed to notice the boy next to her stirring from sleep. Slowly, Agent 3 opened his eyes for a moment to lazily look around, only to close them once more.

"5...more....minutes..." he mumbled, pulling Agent 8 closer. This surprised her, causing her to slightly jolt and squeak cutely. This was enough to catch 3s' attention, moving to sit up he stretched to the sky and moved to get up from the bed. "Finnaly, took you long enough to wake up" 3 said with a smirk plastered on his face.

8s' face lit up like a firework. She grabbed her pillow and started beating the Carp out of 3 with it. 3 just laughed in response to her action. 8 realized she had an opportunity, 3 lied on the floor on his back and this could be a good way to get revenge.

8 dropped then pillow and crawled on top of 3. Pinning him to the ground,she bent down to his ear and whispered "don't underestimate me~". She stood up from the tomato faced boy and gave the most innocent smile, contrast to how she just acted. Giggling, she jumped on the bed and ran for the door closing it behind her. 3 just sat there in shock, not only was she an octoling of few words....

She didn't need words to get her point across~

__________________________________________________________

After the interesting wake up call, Agent 8 and 3 went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Due to the lack of cooking skills (Becasue her memory) agent 8 could only watch as Agent 3 made some pancakes and waffles. Agent 3 looked over at 8 and asked "Hey, do you by any chance know your name? It's kinda weird to refer to you as a number". Agent 8 looked down, seemingly lost in thought. After a few moments, a light bulb went off in her head. She walked up to 3 and whispered in his ear (A/8). Agent 3 nodded as Agent 8 made her way back to her seat.

Agent 3 finished cooking and gave Agent 8 her food. Sitting down, agent 3 told Agent 8 that his name was (A/3). After the EXTREAMLY late introduction, Agent 8 told 3 all about the sea metro, and all of the tests she had to pass...not really speaking but showing him the mem cakes and the poetry she wrote for each one.

"So..." 3 started "Which test do you think was the hardest?". Agent 8 thought for a moments before pulling out the mem cake for the test 'Girl Power'.

8 briefly explained what exactly 'Girl power' was, she shuddered at the thought of how many times she had been splatted by the enemy octoling. "Now that I think about it..." Agent 3 started "Why did they attack you? I could understand if it were me because I'm an inkling, but why would they attack another octoling?" He questioned; standing up he gathered his plate and took it to the sink to wash it.

Agent 8 just stared out the window. "I think it's because of the Goggles..." she said in monotone. 3 looked up at her "Why do you say that?" He asked. She turned to 3 and said with a strong voice "I met another octoling the other day, she told me about octavio and his Hipnoshades...". 3 just gawked at her in shock, never once since they had met, had she ever said something in such a strong tone.

She looked at the tape around her wrist and then at her ankle "When I met Captain Cuttlefish after waking up in the sea metro, he told me you and I had been fighting until the floor gave way beneath us". Clenching her first she returned to her usual soft and shy voice "Why can't I remember that?".

At this point, 3 had put the pieces together. She was crying last night, not because of what he had originally thought, but because she felt alone.

No memory, no friends, no family. She didn't even know her real name. It was scaring her to think that because of her lost memories, she would one day be under the control of Octavio once more if she ever regained them. But which one was worse? Never Remebering, or finding out what exactly she had done up to this point.

"(A/8)...." 3 reached out to her. She stood up and smiled at 3. She looked out the window once more and pointed towards the tower. 3 was confused at first, then realized that she wanted to try going into a match. He grabbed her hand and raced out the door. Right before they went into the tower, 3 and 8 changed into their gear and walked inside, hand in hand.

3 made himself a promise just as 8 had.

"No matter what 8, I will help you find your memories. When you do remember, I'll be here by your side."

"No matter what 3, I will never hurt you; even if it means I have to distance myself."

The elevator door closed, and their first battle together began.

Both in turf war, and in life.