[23] tense dinners

Felicia sat back in the car seat. "Why can't we just go to Lava or something, this is hella shady." She said, turning her head to look at Dylan.

"This is not shady, we're literally just driving around."  

"Why?" 

"Because mom wants me home directly after school, but she knows that I drive you home too, so if I tell her that it just took a little longer then I won't get in trouble," Dylan sighed.

"What is she going to do? Check your mileage?" 

"Maybe?" 

"You've both gone insane," Felicia stated and, with some difficulties, crossed her legs in the seat. "Anyway, tell me!" Her skeptic expression was exchanged for one full of curiosity and anticipation as she waited for him to give her some details. 

"Well..." Dylan started, "I- what do you even want to know?" 

Felicia cocked an eyebrow. "Give me a full history from when we left his place Saturday morning." 

Dylan laughed but nodded. "Yeah, alright, uh, well I went home and got to bed. In the morning I ate some breakfast and-" 

"Skip to the part where Christopher Davis is involved, please," Felicia stopped him. Dylan grinned.

"But you said that you wanted the complete history and that's what I'm giving you," he answered and Felicia rolled her eyes, a faint smile on her lips.

"I know what I said but you know what I mean," she groaned, "come on, man!" 

 "Okay, okay," Dylan laughed, "well I was going to his house for the tutoring since I had to give his shirt back which I'd borrowed after Jenny puked on me. And, I don't know, we had an argument about some stupid thing and then another stupid thing that is still relevant and I will tell you that later, and then he just kissed me." 

"And then he almost kissed me again but he is a tease and I had to leave anyway 'cuz it was late and mom is insane- your words, not mine--"

"I also said that you are insane-" Felicia started but Dylan waved it off.

"That's not relevant. Anyway, we made plans to meet on Saturday which coincidentally is the only day that mom wants me to go out on. He took me to a coffee shop at the edge of town where we ate some and then we took a hike to the overlook and had a picnic and we talked and talked and then we went to his place and-" 

"And you did the dirty?" Felicia smirked and winked. Dylan shook his head, a short laugh escaping him.

"No, but we did watch Dirty Dancing. Then we went to his room where we talked some more and then we made out and then we fell asleep. Oh, also, I'm basically grounded on all days except for Fridays and Saturdays now." 

"What? Why? You can't just drop a bomb like that!" Felicia exclaimed.

"Sorry. Mom wants us to be a happy little family while William is here." 

"But you said you fell asleep at Chris's? Wouldn't that mean that you were out on Sunday?" Felicia really was quite a detective, Dylan thought as he drove slower than usual down the road so that they would have more time to talk.

"Yeah, I woke up early and he drove me home," his face lit up as he talked, "and you're not gonna believe it: Ry caught me coming home in the morning and she helped me with the marks! She was a pro, I swear." 

"I always knew that little lady would grow up to be badass," Felicia laughed.

"You say that as if you raised her," Dylan replied, raising an eyebrow toward his friend. She shrugged with a face splitting grin. There was a moment of silence and Dylan relaxed further into his seat. No matter how he twisted and turned it, he couldn't figure out how Ry knew so much about hickeys. She only hung out with Nelly... Maybe the two of them went to parties?