He's a total stickler for that kinda stuff.

"You know, in our own way, we're both examples of what American society shuns." I blurt randomly, as we pull into a parking lot I don't recognize.
Blake looks over at me, as he parks the car.

"Oh?"

"You know, you, believing that aliens have already invaded and are blending in as humans-"

"There is complete evidence of that!" He jumps to defend himself. "I've seen hardcore proof that Senator Gallagher is not human, and just last week a UFO sighting-"
"And me, with all the conspiracy theories and environmentalism and activism..." I continue to ramble on about how we're basically labeled as outcasts of society when Blake says suddenly;

"Do you have any idea how adorable you are when you get worked up over this stuff?" He leans over and kisses me full on, and I wrap my arms around him, allowing myself to get lost in the kiss, moulding my lips to his. Eventually he pulls away.

"You taste like coffee." His features screw up in mock disgust. He hates caffeine. I just laugh and pull his face back to mine.
"You don't care," I breathe, just before our lips collide again. He pulls back too soon.

"We should probably get going."

"But I like it in here," I whine.

"Well, you'll love it out there." He smirks.

"Where are we anyway?" I look around, trying to figure out where we are exactly.

Blake

"I...might have booked a full-day horseback trail ride in Harriman State Park," I try to act nonchalant, but it's hard not to act smug when Carley's face lights up in excitement. I knew she'd love the idea. Or well, I really, really hoped she would.

"What are we still doing in the car? Let's go!" She jumps up and is out of the car before I can be all gentlemanly and open her door for her.
"Hold your horses," I chuckle as I chase after her, "remember me? Your super hot boyfriend that could easily take down Zac Cornelio?" I taunt her with a reference to Homecoming night after the whole Episode with Caleb.

She rolls her eyes, trying hard not to laugh. I catch up to her and sling my arm around her waist, squeezing her gently. On most girls, I assume that would be a comforting, affectionate sort of gesture, but Carley is majorly ticklish. She jumps out of my grasp and squeals, then shoots me a glare, daring me not to laugh. I can't help it, she's just so damn cute when she's not trying to scare off every sentient life form within a ten-mile radius.

She doesn't seem to share my sentiment.

Once we're actually on the horses, Me on a Chestnut mare with a wicked attitude named Brietta, and Carley on a beautiful black one, we follow our guide along a trail at the base of the Teton mountain range. We ride through the lodge pole forests and aspen groves in awe of the beauty of nature surrounding us.

As we trot silently along a wider part of the trail, Carley pulls her horse; Rhonda up next to me. I smile at her and she casts an awe-filled expression of joy my way. She's beautiful. I know she's scary and she's got more attitude Brietta, but that's who she is; it's not that I have to see past that to see her beauty, because it's not a façade she puts up to scare people away, it's a part of her beauty. I love that's she's stubborn and opinionated and I love her sharp tongue and quick wit.

I love her.

My stomach twists and my gut clenches in anticipation. How do I tell her, when do I tell her? Do I just casually slip it into the conversation?
"Oh, isn't this view beautiful? By the way, I love you and I want to be with you forever and I hope I don't sound as desperate as I think it does."
Yeah right. That'll about do it.