Chapter 12: Light in darkness

Third person's point of view.

Dad? Dad!

Jungkook found himself in a complete darkness, walking against his will, not having control over his body.
He was looking around for any hints about where he was, but found none.
His voice stuck in his throath, wanted to get out, but it wasn't able to.
'just what the hell is this place?' he thought to himself. 'this is a dream, right? It has to be.'
Dad!
There it is again. That word. That voice. Totally strange to him, he never heard it until now.
He tried to find where it was coming from, but without success.
Dad! Please come back to us!
I want to meet you! I need you so much! Please, Dad!
It echoed through that dark place.
It could be heard from many different directions, like it was said by many people. But it was one only voice saying that.
It didn't stop. Getting louder with every word.
It made Jungkook feel a light headache. A small ball of light could be seen in the distant. As he kept walking, he could feel it's warmness becoming closer to him. His own legs making their way towards it. He found himself staring at it, not wanting to let his gaze fall as his curiousity took over him. 'what Is that?' Warmness was really what he needed. Maybe he was overthinking, but he felt like he could breathe again, as he couldn't do it a few moments ago. He reached his hand, wanting to touch that light that was now in front of him. The same seconds he touched it...

He slowly opened his heavy eyes. Sunlight coming from the window on a side of the room he was in, hitting his yes and making him close them again. He blinked a few times, trying his best to get used to a strong light coming his way. Eventually, he did.
His eyes traveled around the room.
It wasn't familliar to him. Not at all.
It looked like an ordinary bedroom. Female one. Walls were pink and covered with some posters and pictures. It was comfortable and nice.
Jungkook took a deep breath and that's when he realised he had a breathing machine over his mouth and nose. He looked to the side and found infusion stand along with a machine that showed rhythm of his heartbeat. There was also infusion needle stuck in his arm.
He tried to sit up straight, but he couldn't even bring himself to move his head from the pillow. That's because his body was still weak.
But weak from what? What happened to him? Where was he?
He tried remembering anything that would help him. But his mind was empty. Nothing came up.

Couple of seconds later, he heard a sound of door opening, making him move his gaze to it and leave it there. His eyes caught a sight of a person coming in and putting some stuff on a desk on opposite side of where he was. Jungkook took a chance and checked that person out. Female. Long, blonde hair. Bottom part of her legs bare as she was wearing a skirt that went to her knees. She had her back facing him, so he couldn't see her face yet. Her figure itself was not familliar to him. She wore white doctors coat and hat gloves covering her hands. As she turned around, she looked shocked to see Jungkook awake, staring at her with his eyes still half closed.
"Oh my god! I can't believe you are finally awake! This Is a miracle!" Jungkook felt surprised that she said those words in clear english. Even though he was never that good in English, he understood those words she just said. Now that he could take a look on her face, she didn't look a bit like Korean. She had a perfect clear white skin, with a hint of a honey color and her eyes were green.
"Do you have trouble breathing?" She asked once she got on the side of Jungkook's bed. He shook his head lightly.
"Are you in any pain?" Now that she mentioned it, he felt pain on his back and a heavy headache. But as it was bearable, she shook his again as a no.
She gently took away the breathing machine from his mouth.
"Try to breathe normally now."
Boy took deep breath, a careful one.
It didn't took long for his breathing to become even.
She sat on a chair beside his bed and stared at him. As he moved his gaze to her, she smiled warmly at him, sunlight from a window behind her making her look shine and look like an angel. Jungkook's heart ached at the thought of someone else. She reminded him so much of someone. Especially that warm smile of hers. But no matter how much he forced himself to remember, nothing came up. His mouth opened, his voice wanting to come out and ask so many questions.
"Don't force yourself to talk. You still have to gain your energy back." She simply said once she noticed his troubles in making his voice come out.
At that moment, more people came inside the room, all wearing those white coats. Once they realised that a boy was awake, they all hurried to him and looked kinda... Amazed?
They checked his pulse, breathing and many other things.
All that took a while and as time passed by, he felt energy filling his body bit by bit.
Rest of the doctors went out and left him with same nurse from earlier.
She was writting informations about him on some papers, having her full concentration on doing that.
"What happened to me?" Jungkook asked her with a shaky voice. It came out weaker than he expected it would.
As his question got to her ears, she turned and glued her eyes on his.
There was a bit of sadness drawn on her features.
"You don't remember anything?"
He shook his head in responce.
"Well of course you don't, it's normal at the state like yours." Her attention was returned to the papers in her hands and she began writting again.
"You were in coma for some less than six years."
She made it sound like it's the most normal thing in the world. But he felt speechless. 'I was.. what?'
He continued to stare at her, shock clearly visible on his face. As she noticed the stayed silent, she looked at him.
"I know that this is very big informations for you to swallow, but it's true. We thought you weren't going to wake up anytime soon as we gave up on that a long time ago. Well, most of the doctors. I'm not including myself in there."
His mouth slightly parted in confusion.
"Can you.. tell me.. the whole story?"
She sighed and placed the papers on a desk beside the bed, taking the sit on the edge of bed he was in. He was sitting with his back rested against the wall, his full attention focused on her.
"My daughter was the one who found you unconsions on the beach. You looked terrible. Your head was bleeding and you weren't breathing. I did a CPR on you. Nothing happened for a while, but i didn't give up. Then you started coughing and there was a lot of water and blood coming out from your mouth. You have been brought to a hospital and you had a surgery. The surgery itself was a success, but..."
Jungkook didn't dare to speak even a single word the whole time. He was just looking at her, breathless at this point. Pieces of a puzzle were starting to come on it's place. Piece by piece, his mind regained all memories he could find earlier.
"You fell into a coma. We knew you weren't going to wake up anytime soon, but we didn't thought it would last this long. I payed for all your medical bills. But eventually doctors gave me permission to get you home treatment." She explained. "Six years Is quite a while, don't you think?"
His fists clenched on the blanket his body was covered with and his gaze slowly fell on it.
He now knew of who this girl reminded him.
Y/n.
What happened to her? Where Is she now? Did she came to visit him while he was in coma? What about...
"Did anyone came to visit me?" He asked while lifting his stare to the girl again.
"There are some boys that are visiting you every week. They said they are your friends. From Korea, if I'm not wrong."
Jungkook's heart melted at the thought of his hyungs being by his side.
"Did any girl came?" His question made her eyes draw a hint of sadness inside of them.
"No. Just boys."
He felt dissapointed. Even after remembering what she did to him. He felt weird about it. Somewhere deep inside him, he knew that she wouldn't be able to do something like that. But then again, there were pictures...
And a child... Possibly not his..
But still, didn't she even though of coming? He sighed, realising that she really meant those words she said the last time he saw her.
"I'm Tiffany, by the way." Girl spoke all of a sudden, breaking the silence that filled the air around the room.
"Jungkook." He weakly smiled at her.
He thought a little about her name. Tiffany? That surely wasn't a Korean name. Well, she didn't look like a Korean either, and she was speaking english whole time.
"Are you American?" Boy couldn't help himself but to ask.
She smiled and nodded her head.
"Yes. I guess you don't know, but you are in America right now."
It didn't shock him, however. He wasn't especting anything different. After all, his plane was heading to America when the incident happened.
"How about the other passengers? It wasn't just me on that plane."
"Out 90 of them, only 11 survived. 3 went into a coma, including you. So you can say you were a lucky one."
Jungkook felt bad. So many people lost their lives..
He was about to say something when the door opened and some familliar faces appeared there.
"Jungkook!"
"Oh Thank god, you are awake!"
"We were so worried!"
"Are you in any pain? How are you feeling?"
They immidiately rushed over to his side and pulled him into a group hug.
Tears wanted to escape his eyes at the feeling inside his heart. He didn't even realised how much he missed them until now.
Tiffany smiled at the sight and quietly left the room, not wanting to ruin the atmosphere.
Eventually hug broke and they all looked at the youngest one.
"We are so glad you finally made it." Namjoon said with tears all over his cheeks. Even so, he had a soft smile painted on his face, his cute little dimples there as well.
"I'm glad too." Their maknae explained.
They continued talking and catching up, avoiding the theme of incident itself.
"Do you know maybe.. what happened to y/n?" That question was stuck in his throath all along. As he dared to ask it, all his hyungs exchanged worried looks.
"We haven't heard of her for years now." Taehyung said.
"Few days after we heard the news about you, we went to her place to see how she is holding up." Namjoon paused, making Jungkook more anxious by every second.
"But we found the house empty."
"Only a note." Yoongi added.
"It was clearly her handwritting. She said that she's moving away along with her child and told us not to search for her."
Jungkook's heart ached at the mention of her child.
"We never saw her since." Hoseok added.
"What happened to the baby?" He dared to ask, but received a shrug from Jimin. "We don't know."
Jungkook moved his gaze to the window, lost in his thought about y/n and her child. Child that he was supposed to be father of.
"I don't know if this Is the right time to say this but..." Jimin's sentence made Jungkook return his look to him.
"When we returned to Korea a few days later, our manager showed us pretty interesting thing." A younger one waited for him to continiue.
"The thing is, we know about what you and y/n fought over day before you left. It's about those pictures, right?" Boy nodded, curiousity slowly eating him inside.
"Well, one of the workers found an interesting file in Loren's computer.
There were pictures that you had. But on them was not y/n. It was the same guy, but with some different girl. A girl that happen to be his fiance."
'wait a second. does that mean...?'
Jimin continued. "It was edited to look like it was y/n with him."
His heart sunk in.
It was fake? That never happened?
How could he be so stupid?
He believed some stupid fake pictures instead of his love?
"That's not all." Namjoon said making their maknae feel even worse.
"When they found you in the beach that day, you had some kind of drugs in your body."
Seriously? Even that?
But he was never taking any drugs. Then how the hell did he had them?
"But i didn't..." He didn't had to finish his sentence for his hyungs to understand what he meant.
"Not to add salt on the wound, but why do you think Loren insisted so much to buy you drinks? You started acting really weird after that, to tell you honestly." Taehyung explained.
Then it hit him. It was... She was.. doing that on purpose?
"She is now in jail. She got there two years ago when we figured it out and gave evidences."
Jungkook felt angrier than ever. On Loren, and himself too. How could he let himself do that to his soulmate?
He accussed their baby as not his. He made her cry. He wanted to leave her. Because of his stupidity. Guilt started filling his body.
Suddenly, he jumped out of bed. It was hard as his energy wasn't fully back yet, but even so, it didn't stop him.
"Where are you going?!" Seokjin asked as rushed to him,grabbing his arm and stopping him from going any further.
"I'm going to find her! I want to see her and my child!" Jungkook said and received a sad look from his hyung.
"You don't know where they are! No one knows! How in the world are you going to find them, huh? Besides, you just woke up, you are still weak for something like that. Wait until you recover, will you?"
Those words made Jungkook let go of door knob and look at the ground.
"I promise, we will help you search for them. But first, you have to heal. Understand?"
Not lifting his gaze from the ground, boy nodded.
He just wanted to go to her and correct his mistakes.
He missed her so much.
But, what if he doesn't find her?