Chapter One: The Awakening

Start from the beginning

"You mean nee-san, Cyrene?" Hanako asked.

"Oh, yeah. Where is she?" Tanjiro asked.

A moment of silence suddenly calmed the room as the Kamado family except Tanjiro lowered their heads and his mother starts to cry.

"Tanjiro... Cyrene... is dead. She was being eaten wholefully by a bear when she was hunting for deers in the forest." Tanjuro replied.

Tanjiro felt a little bit shock and confused. Because before he died in the old modern era, he saw Nezuko, being still taken care by Urokodaki while they were fighting Akaza, the Upper Moon three. But he thought of it as a fantasy and not real so he shrugged that thinking and was focused on the words of his family.

"This is her when she was in her hunting days." Tanjuro said as he grabs his cellphone and shows a picture of Cyrene (Nezuko) who smiles at the camera and has three scratch marks on her right eye, and has a braided hairstyle and a one fang in her left portion of her mouth.

"She was so beautiful before that scar ruined her beauty. We really tried our best to stop her from hunting animals but... she really refused. Because she said to us that... she will really find you and save you, where you left her." Kie said.

"I-It was my fault... why she died?" Tanjiro asked.

"No! It wasn't yours! You left us home because you are going to train some martial arts skills from Mr. Hagari in the foot of Mt. Fuji. She was about to understand it but something was disturbing her mind, and decided to rescue you from what may happen to you when you're gone." Tanjuro said.

"I see." Tanjiro said.

"Anyways, we shouldn't stress you too much because you have just woken up. Let me and your mother buy you some food, we'll be right back." Tanjuro said as he hugs Tanjiro and Kie does the same as well and left the kids in the room.

After six hours of talking and having some family time together, they decided to leave Tanjiro alone and they went home to rest. It was midnight when someone visited Tanjiro and it was known to be his Master, Hagari.

"How are you doing, Tanjiro?" Hagari asked.

"Oh, Master Hagari! W-Well, I am doing fine now. But still..." Tanjiro uttered.

"Still what?" Hagari asked.

"I still can't accept that Cyrene is already dead. I never thought that she will be killed by a mere bear from the wild." Tanjiro said while crying.

"Don't blame yourself, Tanjiro. Cyrene was really a brave girl even if she doesn't have a quirk. She really proved to you, her family, that she can be a real threat to everyone if you really making her a fool of her." Hagari said.

"I am really sad about why she didn't have a quirk! Damn it! I wish in the gods that I should have the power to give her a quirk!" Tanjiro said.

"Now, now. Anyways, do you remember something on how did you get yourself in that dumpsite?" Hagari asked.

"N-No. My mind was really blank at thinking of what really happened to me before. And also, do I have a Quirk? Because it seems that I don't possess one." Tanjiro said.

"Here, take this. This fruit will help you in awakening your dormant Quirk." Hagari said as he gives Tanjiro a reddish Devil Fruit.