Seven

Johnny's POV

I flopped onto my bed, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I just let a stranger into my house, and she was sleeping in the room next to me. What was I thinking? No. No, I can't think like that. She's different. She's special. I think because of what happened with her, I'm afraid to let people in. I think that just because they're city girls, they will all be just like her. But they aren't. Kenzie's... different. She's sweet, she's funny, she's pretty, she's a little bit clumsy, but I guess that's what makes her so fun to be around. The fact that she's never been to this area, it makes me laugh so hard. Just because she didn't turn out how I envisioned, doesn't mean Kenzie's like that too.

When we were outside, and she kissed my cheek, it set off a gazzilion fireworks in my stomach, but I don't want our relationship to be like that. At least, not yet. We've only just met each other, so we have to start out as just friends. And despite the fact I feel something I've never felt before when I'm around her, we have to be able to completely trust each other first. Be comfortable around each other. And maybe, just maybe, as we get closer... it could turn into something more...

Then I realized that I just left Kenzie alone in the room, not saying goodnight or anything. I guess I was just shocked about what happened. I got off my bed and walked towards her room, and there was a light coming from under the door, meaning she was still awake. I opened the door slowly to see her snuggled up in bed, blankets covering her petite body.

"Johnny?" I realized that I kinda just walked in, not knocking or anything.

"Hey, Kenz. Just wanted to check if you're okay."

"I-I can't sleep, John..."

I thought for a second, before walking up to her bed. I had the perfect idea.

"Come with me," I said, taking her hand in mine, "Let's make your first night in the country a night you'll never forget."

She smiled before getting out of bed, as I guided her out of her room. She's gonna love this.

Kenzie's POV

He guided me to a somewhat storage room, and there was a ladder leading to god knows where. I immediately hesitated when he started climbing them, so I stood there at the bottom.

"What are you waiting for?" he asked, at the middle of the ladder.

"Um... I'm kinda scared, i guess." It was safe to say I was absolutely terrified.

He put his hand out, and when I didn't take it, he lifted my chin so my eyes would meet his.

"Do you trust me?" he said, and I looked at his hand for a second, before taking it. 

We climbed the ladder together, and he stopped at the top, opening a little hatch. He looked down at me and smiled.

"You're going to love this. Close your eyes."

My mouth fell open.

"Close my eyes?! Are you crazy? I could die!" I rambled.

"Kenzie. Trust me."

I let out a breath and closed my eyes reluctantly. He led me slowly up the last few rungs of the ladder, and I felt myself standing on something, and a cool breeze blew around me.

"Okay. Open them."

I opened my eyes, thinking something was going to jump out at me or something, but instead, I was on the roof, millions of stars filling the sky. It was like something out of a movie.

"Johnny... i-it's beautiful..." I said, looking up at the sky.

"It is, isn't it. I come up here sometimes, you know, to just escape life. You know that feeling when everything's just too much for you to handle, and you just want to leave?" he asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know pretty damn well what you mean," I said, remembering the countless times when my career was just too much.

"The stars seem to help me. Like, sure, there are some bad things that happen in life, like, really bad things, but there are so many more good things."

I looked at him, his words going deep. "Wow. You're right. I never really thought about it that way..."

"Come with me," he said, taking my hand and pulling me to a little area set out with some blankets and pillows. "Sit."

"So, you come here often?" I asked, sitting down and covering myself in a blanket.

"Yeah, I guess. It's kinda my safe place," he said, sitting next to me.

I understood completely how he felt. Under the stars, it felt like you were in a completely different place, and your head clears all the unwanted thoughts, so you feel like you're dreaming. I always liked stargazing, but I've never really had a chance to do it back in the city. With my career, and heavy schedule, I never really get any time to do what I want, so this was a luxury for me. Who knew the country to make you feel more at home than you're actual home? We spent the rest of the night looking at the stars.

"Goodnight, Kenz," Johnny said, as he took me back to my room.

"Thank you again. It was really fun. I had a great time," I said, snuggling into the blanket.

"No problem, Kenzie. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"I'll most definitely never forget it."

He smiled. "Good. Now go to sleep, we have to go to the hotel tomorrow morning, remember?"

My mood immediately dropped. I forgot that I was leaving this place tomorrow. Sure, I'll still be around, but I'd never really see Johnny anymore, and in the time we'd spent together, we'd kinda gotten close.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah, sure."

He walked towards the door, but I stopped him, gently grabbing him by the shoulder.

"Um, Johnny?"

"Yes, Kenz?"

"Could you... stay?"

He smiled. "Sure." He lifted his shirt over his head and got into bed next to me, his arm slowly wrapping around my waist and pulling me in tight. I immediately felt warmer and snuggled into his chest. He kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, Kenzie."

"Night, John."

Ahhhhh, Jenzie!!! They're actually so cute! Hope you enjoyed that scoop of tea! ;) Next chap will be out soon. Keep voting guys!