"Never judge the cover, have you learned nothing?" Blair tsked, shaking her head in amusement.

River raised an eyebrow, "Well, seeing as you're holding onto it for dear life, how am I supposed to read the overview?"

She handed him the book, eyes immediately going to Jason looking at some old comic books in the vintage bin. She smiled as he flipped through Fantastic Four, invested in the story. It was adorable, watching him geek out in secret.

Jason noticed Blair looking at him and looked up, just to see her look back at the book in River's hands. He tried to hide a smile as he glanced back down at the bin of old comics, failing miserably.

River handed the book back to Blair, "Wonderland with a twist. You know, something tells me you get enough crazy, Blair Wilde."

"Whatever do you mean, River Tyler?" She raised an eyebrow, keeping her voice light though she studied his thoughtful expression, looking for any sign of what he meant.

"Call it a hunch." He shrugged.

"Well, I'm going to get it." She flipped the book around in her hands. "I buy every version and retelling of Alice in Wonderland. It's just who I am, along with any Peter Pan story."

"I'm not stopping you." River put his hands up in a surrender, a smile on his face.

Blair stood up off the floor, keeping the book in her hand as she rounded the corner to see the books on the other side, "How's Johnny?"

"You see him every week, why are you asking me?" The boy asked from the other side of the shelf, still looking through the books there.

"Because you see him every day." Blair responded, pulling a book off the shelf to look at. "Anything could've changed since the last time I've seen him."

"Well, he's doing just fine." He sighed. "He's not shaken up over the breakout anymore so that's good."

Blair froze, glad that he couldn't see her, "Are you?"

"Well, I went through something different." River answered honestly. "But I mean, I'm getting there."

"I'm sorry." She said softly, guilt gnawing in her chest.

"Why are you sorry? You weren't there so there wasn't anything you could do." He moved to lean against the end of the bookshelf so he could see her better.

Blair winced inwardly at his words, resisting the urge to punch the shelf, "I mean you're right, but-"

"Blair, can I ask you something?" He interrupted, his eyes so inquisitive she had to tear hers away, pulling a random book off the shelf. When she looked down at it, she was surprised to see that she had pulled out Throne of Glass, her comfort book. How lovely.

She put the book back, though she kept her eyes on it as she responded, "Mmm, it depends. Am I going to like what you ask?"

River took that as an invitation, peeling himself off the edge of the bookshelf to stand directly in front of her. Jason looked up just as River disappeared behind the shelf Blair had walked behind previously. He rolled his eyes, not noticing how tightly he gripped one of the newest Deadpool in his hands.