• Chapter Seven •

"Pink is a good color on you." Nick's voice says, ringing through the quiet school library

Nina looks up from her Bible, tilting her head.

"I'm sorry?" She says, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion

"That color." He says, nodding his head toward her shirt from across the round table, "I noticed it when you bumped into me this morning. It looks nice on you."

She looks at him for a moment, before letting out a small breathy laugh.

"I could feel you staring at me for the past five minutes and that's what's taken you so much courage to finally say?" She asks

"Sorry." He says smiling shyly, looking down at his textbook as his ears burn with embarrassment

Had he really been staring at her that long?

Yes, he had.

Actually, he had been staring at her all day.

Looking up, he sees that her attention is no longer on him and is now fully on the Bible in front of her.

He tilts his head and takes this opportunity to study her more from across the table.

The way her eyebrows furrow as she concentrates on what she's reading.

The way the tip of her tongue pokes out of the corner of her mouth occasionally as she focuses on what she's writing down.

He smiles to himself as he watches her.

How could such a small girl be so intriguing?

Did he mean what he said about her shirt looking good on her?

He did.

Her whole outfit today looked good on her.

The way the long sleeves baggy styled pink shirt looks tucked into her light blue jean skirt that had buttons going down the middle.

The jean skirt is just below her knees, displaying small white tennis shoes.

He looked up at her hair, and how it flowed down her back and in front of her shoulders.

The dirty blond hair is pulled neatly back at the top to keep it out of her face, framing it so perfectly.

He tries to look away, but just can't seem to make himself do so.

Why is he so fascinated by her?

Is it because of her looks?

He wouldn't deny that he has always thought that Nina was a beautiful girl.

It has always been a thought he has had.

But there was something there.

Not just her looks, no.

It was something else.

Something that drew him to her.

He no longer spent his days at school around his friends he once had.

He's always constantly looking for her in the hallways so he can go talk to her.

Was that such a bad thing?

Part of him loved the way it felt to be around her.

He loved the happiness he felt when he was around her.

The guilt that he always felt when he did things he shouldn't do was no longer there, because he no longer did those things.

But another part of him was filled with fear.