• Chapter Three •

Lily Rabe as Quinn Whitfield

(Nina's sister)

[]

"Father, we thank you for giving us this food, and giving us the ability to worship in your name. There are many people in this world unable to afford even a small portion of bread, but you have fulfilled us with what we need. We thank you for everything that you have ever done for us, and we love you and we praise you. In Jesus' name, Amen."

"Amen." Renesmee whispers from across from me, and she looks at me with a smile, "Let's eat!"

I laugh and nod, grabbing my salad from Wendy's and opening it up, putting the croutons and dressing on it with a smile.

"I'm starving. All of that shopping at Walmart builds an appetite." I laugh

She laughs, shaking her head as she prepares her salad as well.

"All we bought was Red Bull, vegetarian meat, and a few movies. That made you hungry?" She asks

I nod.

"What can I say? I'm always hungry." I say, grabbing a Red Bull can and opening it, taking a drink

"We're going to be up all night if we drink all of this."

I laugh and nod, standing up from my couch.

"What movie do you want to watch first?" I ask, and she shrugs

"Let's watch something scary. I'm in the mood."

I laugh.

"That's terrifying." I say, putting in a movie

I get up and turn off the lights, going and sitting back down and digging into my salad, not bothering to fast forward through the previews before the movie.

"So, about Nick-"

"Ness." I say, cutting her off, "Do we have to talk about him?"

She nods, a smirk on her face.

"You like him."

"I do not! We just started talking recently." I say, taking a bite of my food, "We're just...acquaintances."

She rolls her eyes.

"Let's hope that changes to something more. Even if it is just a friendship."

I furrow my eyebrows in thought as I look down at my salad.

"Yeah....Yeah I do suppose that would be nice."

[]

I open my eyes as the sun shines in through my window, letting out a yawn as I stretch on the floor beneath me.

Turning, I look over to see is Renesmee is still asleep.

My question is soon answered when my eyes meet her sleepy ones, a warm smile on her face.

"Good morning." She says, and I smile

"Morning."

We're quiet for a moment, before she sniffs the air.

"Is that...bacon?" She asks

I smell the air as well, my nose filled with the aroma of bacon and other breakfast foods.

"And veggie sausage!" I say, getting up quickly, grabbing my phone

Ness laughs as she gets up, following me as I head out of the bedroom door and towards the kitchen.