Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door

Start from the beginning

''Only if you'd go to a doctor and take some rest as he said.'' She demanded.

''Okay fine. but I'm not missing the game" he said lifting his hands in a defeat.

''Great." They both smiled triumphantly and sat back and she asked Callum to start the game again.

''I'm play-"

''Nope. Not at all.'' Callum cut him off. and she laughed at his pathetic condition as she watched Callum looking through some settings.

She felt someone looking at her. She turned to look at Cameron smiling widely at her. ''What are you smiling for?" She asked annoyed by his stare.

''Nothing.'' He shook his head still with the same annoying smile pasted on his cheeks. She turned around and focused on the tennis they were playing before.

She could still feel his eyes on her. ''Seriously stop it, Miller.'' She shouted amused while giving her arm a good swing to hit the virtual ball.

''I'm not doing anything.'' he said hurriedly and his voice apppeared distant as he got up and wore the same shirt.

''So are you going to that party?" he asked

"Of course. Everyone's going there except you."

''What makes you think I'm going to stay here?"

"Fine. Do whatever you want." she said angrily charging on the ball.

''Can I come too?"  Callum asked in between the game.

''No.'' Cameron announced.

''No he can't come. He's 14 and it's a seniors party.'' Cameron argued.

''Oh please I used to sneak into senior parties when I was his age. And I know you used to do that too so that's bullshit.''

''That's so unfair. I'm coming too, Ally." ''Okay, but no drinking for you." Cameron warned his brother.

''Deal."

She decided to catch a ride with Cameron and his brother because it was a much easier option. They were walking to his driveway when she declared excitedly,''I'm driving."

''No it's my car I'm driving." She ignored him and snatched his keys to race to the car before anyone else.

''And that's why I hate her." Cameron said with a lopsided smile.

''I know you don't." Callum challenged him.

''Yeah. And how do you know that? I don't remember my brother being a psychic. So you better shut the fuck up." Cameron said in a sudden outburst shocking his brother.

''What the hell man.'' Callum said to himself as he sat down on the back seat.

She started driving speedily enjoying the sound of the engine roaring. She was thoroughly enjoying the luxury SUV. The stereo was tuned to a station playing classic hits. It got a hundred times better when ''I'll be the there for you'' by the Rembrandts started playing.

''Oh my goodness. I love this song!" She said her eyes lighting up. She looked at Callum through the rear view mirror who excitedly jumped and said,''Me too."

They started nodding their heads to the beat of the starting music.
So no one told you life was gonna be this way.

They sang enthusiastically and clapped three times replicating the music.

Your job's joke. You're broke. Love life's DOA. Its like your always stuck in second gear when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year.