Prologue: Fords' Greatest Treasure

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I wonder what he did for that one month, bastard.

He was still in his honeymoon phase, one of the reasons for him becoming more prudent on his missions.

Eldon also had a mystery woman that he really loved. He still hadn't given us any details, but everyone knew about it, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. His face would always light up when she called. Yet, nobody knew who she was.

And then there were us, Sharon and I. It was a little complicated, to be honest. Sharon confessed to me like a year ago, but I couldn't give her an answer, I had to turn her down. She acted like it didn't matter to her, she didn't let it get awkward between us, yet I knew she still loved me. I am not narcissistic, but sometimes you just know it, some women are not that great at hiding their affection.

And also because she just can't lie to me. My powers tell me when she does-- every time. Just out of appreciation for her, I never point it out.

Sharon was one of the most gorgeous women I had ever come across, and her soul was equally elegant. She was one of the kindest members in our group. Everyone loved her. Yet I couldn't bring myself to return her feelings.

Because, well, Bro Code 101, you DO NOT mess with your best friend's sister.

I am just kidding. That stupid thing could never stop me from that. I just couldn't doom her to an eternal life of insanity with me, worrying about me all the time when I was on a mission. She deserved better than that; she deserved a normal life. Honestly, all I could see in her was a little sister.

"Team Alpha- Team Alpha-" someone from the headquarters screeched on the earpiece, and everyone halted in their tracks. I pressed on my earpiece to hear it clearly.

"Abort. Team Delta is on its way there."

What the-

Raydon appeared out of nowhere beside me. "We're leaving."

"But why?"

We NEVER abandoned a mission before.

"I just got a command from the President. They have found the hideout of Lancelot Ford."

Head of the Ford family? Finally!

Lancelot Ford had always butted heads with Sirius Cross for the control of The Order. The Cross family had historically ruled while Fords were like the devil's advocate. As for us Reeds, we were mostly tired of the conflict. I was probably the only Reed who agreed to join.

But the fight turned into a war about five years ago. There were rumours. They said Sirius killed Lancelot's wife, which dissolved with it any last signs of the truce between the two families.

"The coordinates have been sent to your scanners. Team Beta and Team Gamma will meet you at the site."

Seriously? Three elite teams for one mission! How dangerous a man is he?

***

It was a full moon night, and I stared at the large estate gleaming with the moonlight, hidden in the heart of the forest. It took us a half an hour trip on the helicopter to land there. We met up with the other teams and planned our strategy to infiltrate.