epilogue: tying up loose ends

thought of the day: we fall. we break. we fail. but then, we rise. we heal. we overcome.
- unknown

location: atlas 

??? pov

2 weeks after the fall i was in a suit on Ironwoods recommendation waiting for this press conference to start, my left shoulder felt cold still needing to get used to the prostatic arm there. my vision while for me it is normal i knew people would likely ask about the mechanicus eye. an assistant came towards me.

assistant: sir the conference is slowly beginning you can head up there.

i walked towards the stage entrance, on the stage, i could see Ironwood along with some other counsellors and a stand with multiple microphones on it in front of the stage i could see people some from news stations some filming me some photographing me and so on. i made a hand motion to the stand with a questioning look to Ironwood he in turn nodded, so i walked to the stand and waited for the focus to be on me before speaking.

Jaune: as all of you in this room should know two weeks ago we lost Beacon academy by a planned attack of both the white fang and this new eightfold path. and in the light of this event both myself and the counsel of Atlas have decided to strengthen our defences. and one of the changes to accomplish this goal will be the separation of the Atlas and Mantle armed forces, the Mantle armed forces will be given specialised training and equipment to defend our kingdom against any threat be they man or monster. any questions.

reporter1: will this mean that Mantle will fully split from Atlas?

Jaune: no we will be centralising our armed forces for faster response times on threats.

reporter2: you said knew equipment what's wrong with the old?

Jaune: there is nothing wrong with the current equipment it is just that Atlas has its focuses on the automation of warfare, while i think we will need a more human touch.

Reporter3: is this to prevent an incident such as the AK-200 that attacked Vale?

Jaune: that is one of the reasons.

reporter4: about the fall of Beacon new creatures were spotted you even fought one what are they and are they a threat?

Jaune: these creatures are new types of Grimm their origin is unknown but they are a similar threat as every other Grimm

Apollyon in Jaunes head: liar, liar, pants on fire.

reporter5: this eightfold path who are they and what are their goals?

Jaune: they are a collection of madmen and psychopaths that think they can appraise their gods by preforming the most deprave and homicidal acts.

Apollyon in Jaunes head: says the person that engraved the bodies of his friends and carries their bones with him.

reporter6: what can you tell us about the one the returning soldiers call the saint of battle or sister Atlas?

Jaune: that would be sister Letosha, but it would be a stretch to say that shes a saint. she is just a person such as you or me but she has proven her combat abilities at that battle.

reporter7: what will Atlas do now that its military will get halved?

Jaune: that would be best for the general to answer.

i stepped aside letting the general take the stand.

location: island of Patch

no pov

a small house could be seen out of it came Ruby who after locking the door turned to teams JNR and SHOK

Jane: hey

Ruby: hey Jane. Havens a long way to go.

Jane: i know. but its the only lead we have.

Ruby: And you're sure you wanna come along?

Ren: the journey will be perilous, and whether we will find answers at the end is entirely uncertain.

Nora: but we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it.

Ojama: so shall we go?

Ruby: then let's get started.

they started walking towards their destination.

location: village in the Anima region

no pov

an Astartes stood over a hill watching the village below him being burned by the hands of chaos cultists and Astartes. as a person appeared next to him out of thin air.

Astartes: what is it you have to report.

Apollyon: the 'lord commander' is creating a guard regiment he has a techpriest that will make his weapons as well as one of the emperor's whores who is spreading their blasphemy. 

Astartes: is that all?

Apollyon: the crone wants you at her side lord Sindri.

Sindri: as she wishes.

Apollyon disappeared as fast as he came. as Sindri walked off the hill going to his men.

A/N this is the end of part one, since i decided to split the story into three parts. the first chapter of part 2 should be uploaded as well.