chapter 11: hunting monsters

thought of the day: These words stick with me, though. The sins of the father. These words have shaped my life.
The sins of my father echo throughout eternity as heresy. Yet the sins of my father's father are worshipped as the first acts of godhood. I do not ask myself if this is fair. Nothing is fair. The word is a myth. I do not care what is fair, and what is right, and what's unfair and wrong. These concepts do not exist outside the skulls of those who waste their life in contemplation.
I ask myself, night after night, if I deserve vengeance.
I devote each beat of my heart to tearing down everything I once raised. Remember this, remember it always: my blade and bolter helped forge the Imperium. I and those like me - we hold greater rights than any to destroy mankind's sickened empire, for it was our blood, our bones, and our sweat that built it.
Look to your shining champions now. The Adeptus Astartes that scour the dark places of your galaxy. The hordes of fragile mortals enslaved to the Imperial Guard and shackled in service to the Throne of Lies. Not a soul among them was even born when my brothers and I built this empire.
Do I deserve vengeance? Let me tell you something about vengeance, little scion of the Imperium. My brothers and I swore to our dying father that we would atone for the great sins of the past. We would bleed the unworthy empire that we had built, and cleanse the stars of the False Emperor's taint.
This is not mere vengeance. This is redemption. My right to destroy is greater than your right to live. Remember that, when we come for you.
-Talos Valcoran, 10th Company, First Claw

location: eastern fringe of Vale controlled area.

pov Jaune

my team along with teams GLKM, CFVY, lord Soros and professor Port were in a bullhead underway to a small village because of strange sightings coming from the village before we lost contact. these sightings were described as large humanoid creatures that would be seen stalking villagers before any could react the creatures would swoop in and take its prey displaying the body of its kill the next day, most times the prey would be mutilated beyond recognition. during the briefing, i noticed lord Soros acting weird as if he recognised what was done. Ozpin was initially planning to just send my team, team GLKM and lord Soros, but professor Port wanted to come with and bring team CFVY as well, thinking it is just a new type of Grimm, let's hope it is.

Coco: what do you think it is professor.

prof. Port: probably one or more types of Grimm.

Jacki: why do you think one or more types?

prof. Port: well the main descriptions were large humanoid creatures but some were described as having bat-like wings and others not, and some had prominent claws.

Jaune: couldn't it be the same type only different stadia in their lifespan.

prof. Port: that could be the case as well.

Pilot: nearing the location of the village but did i get the wrong briefing i thought the town would be alive.

Yatsuhashi: what do you mean?

Pilot: i only see ruins.

Jaune: set us down we will scout it out.

when we landed and slowly disembarked we saw what the pilot meant. you could see houses either completely or just partly burned down, i could see some bodies they were heavily disfigured some were missing certain pieces some were hardly recognisable as human let alone who they were before.

Jaune: Listen up people, team CFVY set up camp the rest look for survivors but be careful what or whoever did this could still be around.

Coco: you want us to set up camp why shouldn't we report this to Ozpin.