Realizing it

Draco's POV

It was night time. I sat on one of the couches in the common room with Pansy who was snuggled next to me. I remembered what Theodore said.

"Love, do you want anything? Want me to make you food to eat?" she asked.

"Don't mind me. I'm not full. You love me right?" this question made her laugh.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do."

"Well then, just how huge is your love for me?"

"Never ending" she smiled and I gulped.

"Why are you asking those?" I didn't know what to say and she waited for it.

"Draco?"

"What?"

"Fine. I won't ask why... It's my turn"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you love me?" she asked.

'Oh no... This is bad. I should lie... Wait no! Theodore told me not to lie! Wait... What should I say' I thought.

She waited again and after some seconds, she stood up and faced me.

"Tell me? Why is it so hard to answer that?"

"Pansy..." I stood up and hugged her but she backed away.

"What?"

"I...I don't lo-"

"Why did you lie to me Draco? You lied! How dare you!" tears streamed down her cheeks as she contiously hit me on my arms.

"Wait. Let me explain first!" she ran upstairs to the girls' dormitory.

I sat on the couch again and kicked the table as lightly as I can.

'Great. Now she's mad at me!'

Then a question popped in my head, 'Howcome I didn't want to hurt somebody. Howcome I didn't want to lie... I always do. I'm Draco Malfoy! I don't care if somebody's hurt. And why do i care not to be in a relationship with somebody I don't love?'

I thought deeply and an answer came, 'Have I changed?' that was so impossible. I lied down on the couch and heardfootsteps. I turned around and stared on the dark staircase making the sound. After seconds, "Draco... Why are you still up?" Theodore appeared behind the shadows.

"Theodore! Uhh... I was with Pansy a while ago and-"

"It didn't go right?" he sat on the opposite couch looking curious.

"No..."

"It went bad? Er... Good rather?"

"Well, maybe good for one but bad for the other"

"Let me guess... Good for you but bad for Pansy? What just happened? Did you tell her that you didn't love her? That you lied to her? That you uhh..."

"That's a lot. But I'll answer those. First, i think i sort'a didn't feel good about it... Just slight. We. Are. Done! I told her!"

"well then good. It was a good decision"

"Do you like her?"

"Who? Pansy?"

I nodded and sat down.

"Nope. She's really just my friend"

"Blaise? Does he like her?"

"What's this? Are you looking for someone to whom you can give Pansy to? That's really not right man"

"I guess so. Sorry"

"So, who do you say that you admire again?"

"I don't really like this girl... I'm pretty sure. I hate her. But I really get strange thoughts about her. I don't feel good whenever I do"

"You hate her? Who is she?"

"Uhh..."

"Come on tell me!"

"Its..."

"Someone from Hufflepuff?"

"Yikes no!"

"Slytherin eh?"

"No."

"Astoria?"

"No. How can i still feel those for her of we were just in a relationship a year before"

"Someone from Gryffindor?"

'He's getting nearer and nearer everytime...' i nodded.

"Weaslette?!"

"Never!"

"This one's a good and an intelligent one... Granger?!"

My eyes eyes widened and I shook my head turning to the fireplace... Words went in my head, It is her! It was just then that I have remembered that it was her! That mud blood... I have forgetten about it because I never wanted to fall for her. Like never! I hate her so much!

Theodore looked shocked too because he sat there not moving from his current position.

"But you hate her... How is that possible?" he said finally recovering.

"I don't really know either. I even shudder by that fact. It makes me mad. I still hate her though"

"That's impossible. Are you falling for her? If so, since when?"

"I will never fall for that girl!"

"Face it Draco"

"No! She's a mud blood!"

"Tell me exactly what you thought about her. I mean how'd you feel whenever you're with her?"

"Nothing... Yes I do feel something. Like when we went to class a while ago, I told myself, she looks pretty when she's mad! Can you believe that?If you can't, neither do I!"

"I can. Maybe..."

"Maybe what?"

"I'll just go up. I'm sleepy! You better go to bed now too" he stretched, yawned and went for the staircases.

I watched him go up and shook my head... 'Surely this day didn't turn out to be an exciting one.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

Facing the truth... Is what Draco should learn. But he just couldn't resist it! How could he possibly deal with that? Well, wait up for the next chapters (will be updating tomorrow... I guess?) to see what will happen... =) C, did you like it?