⁰⁴, INITIATES ON THE LOOSE

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐓 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒.
chapter four; Initiates On The Loose 
Why not? It's not against the rulesand even if it was, rules are made to be broken. "

  PERSEPHONE FINX WAS the only reason Marlowe Prior had made it to training that fair Tuesday morning

  PERSEPHONE FINX WAS the only reason Marlowe Prior had made it to training that fair Tuesday morning. She'd somehow slept through the chaos, and miraculously, Persephone realized she hadn't seen her friend bustling about getting ready, and woke her up with just enough time to pull on appropriate clothing.

  Four said nothing about Marlowe's appearance, aside from quietly telling her to tie her shoe.

  He briefly explained they'd be learning to fight today, leading them to a room filled with fading punching bags and a large chalkboard with their names scrawled on in white chalk. 

  Marlowe's heart skipped a beat until realizing it was only alphabetical order.

  The morning was, shockingly, uneventful. Four was a bit harder on her than anyone else, but this was to be expected after her digging. 

  Marlowe wasn't the strongest physically, she was thin with little-to-no muscle after 16 years of being as selfless as humanely possible, but she had the determination of any other full-fledged Dauntless. 

  "How are you doing that?" Persephone mumbled breathlessly, sneaking a glance at Marlowe, whose punching bag had moved just slightly. "I'm—"

  "You're both small," Four interrupted abruptly, making the girls turn to him as he crossed his arms, "Try using your knees and elbows. It'll be easier for you to put power behind them."

  So, Persephone took the advice. She was, in all honesty, quite proud of herself. Marlowe took it, too, briefly, but she was more determined to build muscle then take the 'easy way out', so she quickly reverted to using her balled up fists.

  Until a new voice interrupted.

  "Four, are you even teaching them anything?"

  Marlowe paused, turning to see Eric smugly making his way to her, much to the annoyance of Four.

  "Yes."

  Eric pursed his lips, nodding at Four, before looking to Marlowe.

  "Hey, Lowe, do me a favor?"

  She nodded.

  "Throw a punch."

  "What?"

  He gestured to the punching bag before crossing his arms.

  So she followed instructions. Marlowe worried about her stance, getting into the exact one Four had demonstrated, before throwing a punch with every ounce of effort.