Take A Roadtrip With Him - A One Direction Fanfiction

Start from the beginning

“thank you Liam” i smile “-You know how important this is to me”

“i hardly think seeing your boyfriend is worth a four day drive”

“I have a good reason” i lie

“you’d better hope so” is the last thing i hear Liam say, before he ends the call.

I throw my phone onto the bed, and rub my face with my palms.

you’re probably so fucking confused right now. Okay, well.

Harry Styles, one fifth of One Direction is my ex boyfriend. We broke up on bad terms. (i don’t want to talk about it, maybe later) And i got with a new guy, Rory. Things are going pretty smoothly with Rory, he’s... well, i think he’s a good guy. Others may think differently, but what does their opinion matter to me anyway?. Rory isn’t Harry. That’s all that matters.

A couple of hours later my two suitcases were packed and waiting at the front door.

traveling with the boys was fun. To be honest, it was the time of my life. Once Harry and I broke up... Well, i was sent straight home. Practically dumped onto the sidewalk.

(well, not technically dumped, they dropped me off at home). I don’t think i’ll ever forget that.

But now i have.. uh, Rory. Rory’s great, he gets angry easily, my bruises can prove that. But that really doesn’t matter, Rory loves me. He won’t ever dump me on the sidewalk.

Mum was in the kitchen, she was doing the dishes, we had noodles.

I sneak past her and open the fridge, getting out some orange juice and pouring it into a glass cup.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, Astrid” she says, not turning away from the foamy mess.

I am still pouring the orange juice when she repeats herself; “-Honey, it’s really not a good idea”.

I fill my cup to the brim, then close the orange juice and place it back in the fridge.

I climb up onto the bench and cross my legs.

“You’re not un-convincing me, Liam already tried”

Mum’s hair was a long blonde-white and it reached all the way down her spine. Natural. Elegant. My mother was beautiful, i couldn’t imagine owning my mothers beauty. I wouldn’t dare. She was the woman people stopped in the market to wonder at. Not because she was strange, but just at the sheer beauty. They seemed startled she had to shop and eat like everyone else.

She sighed. Her slim shoulders rising and then falling dramatically.

“You were so heart broken”

“i’m not now”

“it’s a mans world, Astrid”

i nodded. A man’s world?, what did she mean by that? Men whistled and whispered and yelled things at you, and you had to take it. It meant that women loved them more than they loved women, and they can want something with all their hearts, and then dump it on the sidewalk. Thats what a man’s world is. You’re used, then you’re nothing.

I begin to tear up, swiping at my eyes with my sleeve.

“Don’t cry” she says, still not turning away “-we’re not like that. We’re the vikings, remember?”

“i know” i sniff, climbing down from the bench.

My mother was tall. Her white kimono gown exposed her long hair. I hated my mother.