Chapter [3]

Diana's POV

"Diana,Diana,Diana wake up!" someone yelled jumping up and down on my bed. I opened my eyes squinting slightly and seen my little foster brother Manny jumping on the bed.

"Melissa said you have to wake up for school!" he said giggling at my bed hair.

"I'm going, I'm going" I replied dragging myself out of bed.

"Okay, she also said that you have to drop Alex and I off at school today!" he yelled and left my room. Manny is 6 and Alex is 12, and just so you know Melissa is my foster mom she is brutal as well as my foster dad Mark, they both beat my little foster brother's and I.

Even though we aren't real siblings they mean a lot to me and when either Melissa or Mark get mad at Manny and Alex I try to protect them,After I got done getting ready I made my way downstairs to see Mark drinking beer early in the morning and Melissa making her disgusting breakfast in the sluttiest outfit. Typical.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked Manny and Alex.

"Yeah." they responded. We headed out the door and started walking to their school.

"Diana,will we ever find a real family who loves us?" Manny asked taking my hand in his small one. I stopped in my tracks crouching down beside him.

"Of course we will. There is always a bright side to something, things aren't always gonna be like this or end like this." I answered smiling warmly at him.

"Okay sissy." he replied. I looked over at Alex and he just stood there looking down and kicking a rock.

"Sissy,I'm tired!" Manny whined. I chuckled and picked him up, putting him on my back and he soon fell asleep.

"Alex,are you alright?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah,I'm fine I've just been thinking about somethings." he replied looking down.

"Tell me whats going on in your mind,I won't judge." I said trying to get him to crack.

"Okay, well my real mom she would leave me all by myself at home while she stayed out drinking and partying I didn't have no brothers and sisters my dad is in the military and he hasn't came back when he was supposed to. Every time he came back he would be with another lady and cheat on my mom and she always said it was my fault." He cried out once we stopped im front of his school. I quickly pulled him into my embrace with one arm, trying not to let Manny fall.

"It's going to be okay, don't worry I'll protect you no matter what. Now go on kiddo, I'll pick you up after school." I said, kissing the top of his head.

"Okay, bye sis love ya!" he yelled and ran off, I smiled and made my way to drop off Manny to his class.

Once I was left alone I began making my way to school and on my way to school it began to rain. Hard. So I ran the rest of the way. Luckily I didn't get there late, but I did get soaking wet.

"Hey Diana, what happened?! " Taylor asked once she seen me.

"It started raining, so I ran the rest of the way here and now I'm soaking" I replied, she nodded her head understandingly and rubbed my back. Apologizing for what had happened.

"Hey stupid, come here!" Someone shouted and that someone was Luke and his little gang.

"Just ignore them, they're the stupid ones." Taylor said smiling warmly at me.

I simply nodded my head, while walking with her to first period.

"Alright class, be ready to take a test. You will be allowed to use your notes."