Amelia chose a table away from the rest, not knowing how the others would take to her sitting at their table. She looked at the food that was spread before her, deciding what she should eat. She took notice of a basket of bread, she rarely ever eats it. When she moved it closer to herself she saw that there were all sorts of types, almost all of which she had never seen before, besides the one that she had back in her District. Looking through them all, she picked up the one that stood out the most, she stared at the darkly coloured bread debating if she should try it before thinking 'why not?' And took a small nibble, letting the odd taste flood her mouth, she stared real hard at it as she chewed slowly, trying to think of whether she liked the foreign taste or not.

...~...~...~...~...

Peeta walk through the doors of the cafeteria, looking around at all the faces that he was forced to see as threats, he stood there thinking of if he should try his luck at sitting at an occupied table and bargain for an alliance, when his eyes fell upon the petite form of the Pearl Heart form 4, eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as she stares intensely at a familia bread in her hands.

Peeta smiles, it was obvious to him that it was her first time eating his Districts bread, and having been raised up as the son of a Baker and being passionate about the food, he made his way to her table.

"It's from District 12." He said, watching the small woman jump in her seat, she looked up at him, her eyes growing large. He had startled her obviously.

"The bread, it's from 12." He clarified as he pulled out a chair and sat across from her, "All Districts have a way of making bread." He smiled awkwardly, he looked down at the basket and picked up another slice,"This one from 9, it's the best one since they can make proper flour and a lot of it." He held it out to Amelia, patiently waiting to see if she would take it.

Amelia looked down at the slice of food in her hands and backed up to him. She was hesitant, she didn't know him or his motives in sitting with her, though she had heard that he was a Baker and was curious to see if he was really just sharing his knowledge.

Amelia placed her slice of bread on her plate before slowly reaching out to the one being held out to her, she made sure not to touch him as her delicate hand took the bread from him. She held it for a second before bringing it up and taking a small bite. She was instantly hit with flavour as she chowed on the most delicious tasting bread she ever had, she looked back up at Peeta and he could see what she was thinking and chuckled.

"It's pretty good, right?" He questions, picking up his own slice. Amelia nodded her head enthusiastically, taking another bite.

She looked at the other bread sitting in the basket, she reached for another and held it, a shy look over took her features as she looked up at Peeta. He understood what she was hinting at and chuckled again.

"That ones from 7..." This continued for a while until they reached one left."....and of course you would know this one, from your District." He said, picking up the now subject of the topic, Amelia nodded her head, she leaned forward and waited to hear his expert opinion of the food she had grown up with,"I quite like it actually, the salts something knew, don't have much of it in 12 and if there is, it's expensive. Might just be my favourite one out of them all." Peeta admits, looking at the seaweed bread. He looked back up at Amelia and saw that she was smiling softly at him, she was thinking about how he was such a sweet kid, how she enjoyed the very much one sided conversations with him, she hoped that he didn't find her an enemy in the Arena.

Amelia picked up the dark bread from 12 and took a larger bite then last time, it was different, by far out of all the ones she had tasted it wasn't the best but she would continue to eat his Districts bread as he ate hers, the strange topic of bread might of help the two closer to forming an alliance.

Peeta noticed Katniss walking into the room and turned to Amelia.

"It was nice talking to you, Amelia. I hope we can do it again." He stood up and pushed his chair in. Amelia notices his District partner and understands his haste in wanting to leave. She nodded her head to his comment and gave a little wave. Peeta returned the gesture and walked to his would of been wife.

Not long after his departure, Finnick had strolled in and sat down in the now unoccupied chair, the first thing he noticed was the smile on his loves face.

"What's got you all smiley?" He teased, reaching his hand to her face and softly poked the dimple on her left cheek, this caused her to giggle.

Amelia smiles sweetly at Finnick, her gaze flickered to Peeta before returning to Finnick, her lips stretched up further.

"What?" Finnick questioned, enjoying her bright smile, though curious as to what has made her so happy.

Amelia picked up the closest bread slice to her and held it out to Finnick.

"This is from District 5....."

—————
(Old A/N)
*Peeta needs some lovin', I want Amelia and Peeta to be friends, I think they will have a cute friendship.
Next chapter will be a half chapter.*

—————
(Update 2.July.22)
-1615 words-