Chapter 7: Card Tricks

"Guess so" Gene says to Violet.

Violet picks up a card revealing it to be a tarot card reading "the emperor" "tarot cards?" Akira said. "You guys should pick one up too" Violet says. "Do it Akira" Gene says, "I dunno, this one" Akira grabs a random card.

"Guess we better keep moving, you joining us Boudicca?" Krimson says, "Of Course" Boudicca smiles.

They were adding someone else to their party? Coal groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. If he stuck around with these people any longer he would be getting a headache that would never go away. He already had one useless partner, he didn't want someone else joining in on their party. Especially someone who ruined the fight for him.

"I get the feeling coal here doesn't like me, the feelings mutual though" Krimson whispers to Boudicca. "You'll both have to get over it. You're now teammates. You'll learn to like each other" Boudicca says sternly but softly.

The card Akira picked is revealed to also be the emperor, "Does this mean, we're a full team?" Akira asks. Violet shrugs, "maybe"

Krimson sighs, "alright pip, see if you can find these 'relics'" pip then flies off. Eventually pip returns with two cards. Krimson hands one to Rosa and the other to Coal, he took the card and frowned. What kind of a relic was this? A card? This really was lazy and thrown together last minute. Maybe Ozpin was finally starting to lose his marbles. How old was he, anyway? Both cards turn out to be the tarot card of death.

Both groups head back to beacon without any interruptions once they reach the edge of the forest, Ozpin waits for them, "good job everyone, your teams will be announced shortly.... feel free to explore the school or bond with your fellow students while you wait"

Death card. Great. Seemed some big death was going to happen. Coal wasn't sure if Ozpin was trying to give subtle hints or if it was just luck, but either way, he was still unsure about the card. He never liked the number 13 anyway.

He headed back to Beacon with the others, keeping the card in his pocket. He was finally allowed some alone time. He couldn't stand being around these people, and didn't want to be near them anymore than he had to.

"Hey everyone! So how are you all doing?" Rosa asks, Violet gives her the thumbs up "nothing major happened to me and Draco!" Krimson pulls their hood on and begins walking off, finding a tree in the courtyard and starting to climb it. "What about you guys?" Violet says, "Nothing really, but did you see how I gave that Grimm what he deserved?!" "You guys fought a grimm?!" Violet says.

"Oh right! You weren't there" Rosa exclaimed, "And you beat it? That must've been so cool!" "Everyone else was so amazing too! I failed to land any hits at first... but otherwise, I was pretty cool out there"

Ozpin chuckles "The one hit you landed was quite impressive miss Hime" "Thank you sir!" Rosa said happily. "Now if you'll excuse me I have some business to attend to" ozpin says beginning to walk away but pausing and turning back to them "I expect great things from you all" he says, gazing at draco then sipping his mug and leaving.

Violet tilts her head in confusion then looks over at draco for a moment then smiles, "h-hey Draco" "yes, what is it?" Draco says. "W-we have almost the same eyes....c-could we be long lost siblings or something?" Violet jokes, "sorry but no, mine are a little different" Violet giggles "I'm only joking....I know all my siblings" she says a little sadly.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Violet says to Draco, she covers her mouth and points at Gene "if it's true we're on the same team as her then I'm scared, she's mean to people" she whispers. Gene was not paying attention, she has earphones in and on her scroll.

Suddenly everyone's scroll starts going off as they received a message from 'beacon academy', Krimson pulls out hers and looks at it with a confused expression "What the? How does this thing with again?" She says tapping the screen eventually a video starts playing...

Ozpin appears on screen as if he's a weather reporter "Hello and welcome to all new students to beacon, it's time for the long awaited reveal of your teams" "I hope I'm leader..." Akira says.

"Firstly, the carriers of the devil card" ozpin says taking a sip from his mug "Sybyl Starr, Hunni Lyon, Viridian Bonheur and River Green... together they'll form team SLVR (silver), led by Sybil Starr"

"Don't know them, but whatever" Akira says.

"Next, the carriers of the tower card.... Bubblegum Snicker, Candy Watermeloan, Cioccolata Eclair, and Taffy Cinnamon.... they'll be team SWET (sweet) led by Bubblegum Snicker... rather ironic that one"

"Next, the carriers of the fool card, Amarillo Partiforce, Grenadine Pomegranate, Ultraviolet Sincara and Alizarin Daiquiri... they will be Team AGUA (Spanish for water), led by Amarillo Partiforce."

"Hmm, nice" Akira says.

"Next we have the carriers of the  magician cards,  Honey Primrose Daffodil, Rowan Bronnwin, Matte Black and Darcy Spiegel, led by Honey, they'll be team HMBD (hummingbird)"

"Next the carriers of the death card... Boudicca Way, Coal Sparrow, Krimson Nightingale and Rosa Hime, together they'll be team BRCK (brick) led by Boudicca Way"

Rosa cheered, "Oh? Im the leader?" Boudicca looks a little confused at first but then excited.

"The carriers of the emperor cards are next, we have Draco Aurum, Violet Lyall, Gene Simone and Akira Hiromasa, they'll be team DVSH (devilish) led by Draco Aurum"

Gene rolls her eyes, "Yare Yare." "Of course I'm not leader..." Akira said. Ozpin continues to rattle off names and teams but everyone is either excited or overwhelmed to actually pay attention.

"Oh, I'm team leader" Draco said, "what the hell are you doing Oz" he thought.

Gene walks over to Boudicca, "Congrats Icc, you're team leader" she smiles
"Thanks GiGi!" Boudicca has a massive grin on her face. Krimson climbs down from the tree "well Pip...I made Boudicca's team" she says handing pip a berry. "Wait.... this means I gotta share a.... d-dorm with" Violet looks at Draco and Akira going extremely red.

"Not gonna lie, wanted to be on a team with Honey.. Shes hot!" Gene smirks to Boudicca, 'I don't think I'd be able to handle being in a team with honey' violet says thinking back to the moment she met her.

A boy in designer brand clothing walks past the group carrying an easel, he stops however upon seeing Rosa's weapon "You there squid girl!" He calls out...