Chapter 15, Nicolas Flamel

Dumbledore had convinced Harry not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again, and for the rest of the Christmas holidays the invisibility cloak stayed folded at the bottom of his trunk. Harry wished he could forget what he'd seen in the mirror as easily, but he couldn't. He started having nightmares. Over and over again he dreamed about his parents disappearing in a flash of green light, while a high voice cackled with laughter.

"I told you that mirror would drive you mad. You don't listen very much do you?" Draco had said when informed of these dreams.

Draco had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a li- brary book, even though Harry was still sure he'd read the name somewhere. Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks. They had even less time than before because Quidditch practice had started again.

One day Draco and Harry had been walking by the library ready to do their usual research when Neville Longbottom was right at the scene. Eavesdropping on the conversation between the two Slytherin boys.

Thinking quick Draco decided to do something that wasn't particularly nice.

"Ah! Perfect! I've been looking for someone to practice this curse on." And with that he performed the Leg-Locker curse and watched Neville cry as he had to bunny hop his way to wherever he was going. Draco laughed cold-heartedly and glanced at Harry who simply watched his actions.

"Surely you could have thought of something else."

Draco frowned, "Harry-" he was cut off as the boy who lived walked straight away from his companion.

Harry had seen the way Neville looked and he followed the poor boy just before he got away in front of the Fat Lady.

Neville had been sobbing, looking at the boy who did nothing by Malfoy.

"What do you want? Come to bully me again?" Neville sniffled.

"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that," Neville choked out.

Harry felt in the pocket of his robes and pulled out a Chocolate Frog, the very last one from the box Hermione had given him for Christmas. He gave it to Neville, who looked as though he might cry. "You're worth twelve of Malfoy," Harry said. "The Sorting Hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn't it? And where's Malfoy? In Slytherin. I don't think he's much braver than you are."

Neville's lips twitched in a weak smile as he unwrapped the frog. "Thanks, Harry... I think I'll go to bed.... D'you want the card, you collect them, don't you?" As Neville walked away, Harry looked at the Famous Wizard card. "Dumbledore again," he said, "He was the first one I ever-" He gasped. He stared at the back of the card.

"I've found him!" he whispered.

Harry ran back to the blonde who was looking for more books hoping to make it up to Harry.

"I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here - listen to this: ''Dumbledoreis particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel'!"

Draco jumped to his feet. "Stay there!" he said, and he sprinted up the stairs to the very tops of the bookshelf. Harry barely had time to portray a mystified look before he was dashing back, an enormous old book in his arms. "I never thought to look in here!" he whispered excitedly. "I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of help with potions."

Draco loved potions.

He flipped through the pages and placed his finger on the book, showing Harry what he was talking about.