Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Vacation on the green island, Leanbox

In the usual spot of trees covered by thick fog and snow, I checked my progress.
I was thinking I had learned enough to fight with my bare hands. From a rotating upwards punch, to an uppercut, continuing with a quick double jump kick, and finishing it with a quadruple rotating kick. Then, I did numerous maneuvers, sometimes, I even used a little wind magic to make it easier for me to do certain things. Defying physics wasn't a problem anymore.

I nodded to myself thinking, "I don't need to work on that for a while. I can use the bow well too. There is one thing I have to try again."
A month had passed after Lastation, I had learned how to wield a sword. Overall, I did more physical practices, like running with heavy objects, push-ups, side jumps, more things like that. It was tiring, boring and tedious. On the other hand, the results were what I felt I needed to protect everyone I care about in the future. So, it was all good.

Alongside that, I experimented with magic infusion. In this moment, I tried to infuse light magic into my feet. Like reflecting off a mirror, I should reflect off of surfaces with high speed. So, I crouched, imagining the light in my hands. I couldn't get it to start on my feet yet.
The spiking flowing light orbs were absorbed into my feet. As I held onto that feeling into my now flowing feet, I tried to make it burst from under them, and make them flow over my heel.

I jumped while flowing light burst out of my feet. I was shot into the air and soared over the ground at a speed I wasn't expecting. I was about to crash in a tree, so I held my feet with rushing light underneath in front of me. The combination of the light and the force of my movement let me crash and burn right through the tree without being hurt. After that, I fell down and slid with my back over the snow with my eyes closed.
I exhaled before looking at the sky thinking, "Speed Reflection. My own created spell. It seems I have to understand what I really want to get it to work. This has been my best result, but only because of practicing the magic. The theory is flawed. I must decide whether it is a buffing skill, or a short burst of magic similar to an attacking skill."

Last thing I had to check were my sword skills. How have they been improved.
I picked up an iron sword with ease. I could swing it decently fast with two hands, and even do it rather well with just one. I looked intensely at the sword. It was about as long as myself. It was made for an adult man after all. I figured I could do more with it now. Thus, I ran around and did some heavy swings without stopping my feet from moving. Any direction was fine. I even managed to do spin slashes. One I was proud of was, when I jumped, did a 360 before slashing my sword downwards from right to left with one hand.

Before finishing my check-up. I tried to pick up the axe again. It was a double-sided battle axe made of tough iron. It was really heavy and something that would still take all of my energy to transport by hands. But I could wield it. I did one heavy swing with it and barely succeeded. My body almost fell over, though. I'm pretty close to be able to use more weapons.
For now, I can take every weapon I had purchased with me in my inventory.

I could only do a check-up today. My older sisters had to go on a 'business trip'. I suspect now that they were busy killing monsters and investigating the odd phenomena's happening all over Gamindustri. In the meantime, I was sent over for 'vacation' to Leanbox together with C-Sha. Apparently, she's part of the group known as, 'The Gold Third'. They were supposed to be the new leaders of Gamindustri. But it kind of seems the goddesses were still the ones in charge.

The goddess in Leanbox stated she was too busy doing work to help the others on their business trips. Though, what she considers 'work' is quite questionable. Leanbox was on an island in the middle of the south of Gamindustri. We had to go by boat. It was odd going from nearly frozen waters with light-grey snow clouds, to a clear sky where the sun will burn me in seconds without sun-screen. It was summer in Leanbox, which meant I was going from -5 degrees Celsius to like, 34 degrees.