Chapter 1

Alright, just realized I never put one of these, but this fic has a lot of mature content. Trigger warnings go out for self harm, more specifically cutting, suicide, eating disorders, and violent intrusive thoughts. Stay safe peeps and remember that you can always talk to me if you need someone. You are not alone. <3

It all happened in a flash. Tears streaming down his face as he felt his life draining from his body. He repeated his statement one last time. "Our love is God.". He collapsed, hearing the tickling of his life coming to an inevitable end. Everything around him felt so cold but he kept his eyes trained on her. Her once blue blazer stained a dark crimson from his blood. Her brown hair, once perfectly maintained and flowing, had been tousled and knotted by their struggle. Her face, once filled with expressions of joy and happiness have since been tainted with looks of grief and sadness.

With every tick off the bomb's timer, her expression changed. Misery. Regret. Remorse. Sadness. Forlorn. Disappointment. Anger. It settled on it's final emotion. Her face flashed with empathy as she muttered something he could just barely hear.

"Say hi to God."

Despite the pain coursing through every nerve in his body, he managed to form a tiny smile. This was the end.

There was a deafening noise and everything went black.

. . .

Veronica turned away a moment before JD exploded. She wasn't sure her mind could handle watching him die. After everything they had been through? She thought he had been misguided, gone insane, overboard, but that didn't mean she wanted him dead. She took a shaky breath as a deafening sound overcame her ears. Within seconds, her clothes had been covered with soot and ashes.

She trekked up the stairs leading into Westerburg, relying heavily on the railing to maintain stability. As she reached the top, she collapsed to her knees. She screamed out in agony, in pure pain. It wasn't a physical pain, but the weight of seeing it happen. Her screams turned into violent sobs as she felt her face become as black as her clothing. She couldn't believe it; Jason Dean was dead.

Letting out one last sob, she picked herself off the ground. Every inch of her body ached. Her head and heart were both collectively pounding at the same rate. Using the front door's handle as a railing, she lifted herself away from the floor and staggered inside, determined to finish what she had started.

. . .

Waking up felt like a chore. It always felt like a chore to JD. It was never fun to wake up-to have to endure another day in his life. Whether it was his psychopathic father's tendencies to make him feel like shit or assholes at school; he never caught a break. He always enjoyed the tranquility that came from being alone and hated having to face reality.

It started as a gentle tugging on his eyes. Nothing severe or harsh, but his eyelids would simply flutter open only to snap immediately back shut from the overwhelming white light they saw. They kept doing this, fluttering open for a few seconds before becoming too overwhelmed and snapping shut. It was harmless at first, but it was starting to subconsciously annoy JD. All he wanted to do was sleep and his eyes wouldn't let him.

Next came his ears. All he could vaguely remember was a deafening noise that made everything around him go silent. And then, for the longest time, that's all there was; silence. Then, slowly but surely, a noise wondered it's way into the abyss. It was a high-pitched noise, it repeated, with a persistent frequency. And it stayed there. It wasn't like the light he observed when his eyes flashed open, the noise was endless; it was consistent.

Then came the rest. JD had no idea for how long he laid in darkness, consumed by nothingness and the feeling of nothingness, but once his body decided that it wanted to bring him out of his subconscious and back into the real world, it felt only too short. The first feeling he felt after coming out the void of nothingness was coldness. Everywhere on his body, it was nothing but cold. His eyes still flashed occasional light and the beeping remained the same, yet this feeling of coldness was the one thing that fully brought him back.