Chapter 21

A/N: After this chapter, I will begin to refer to the Heathers by their surnames to make it less confusing. Thank you for reading!

Veronica reluctantly lets go of JD after a few minutes, plopping back into the uncomfortable dining chair. They sit in a comfortable silence for a few moments before Veronica takes notice of the grandfather clock against the wall across from her. And how late it is.

Veronica jumps right up. "I have to go."

"Wait," JD calls out for her right as she reaches for the front doorknob. Veronica turns to look back at him. They lock eyes. "Do you think you could..." JD gestured around him. "Stay?" He finally finishes, giving her a sheepish stare.

Veronica lets go of the door handle slowly, nodding softly. "Sure, let me just call my parents real quick." JD nods and Veronica marches off to find the nearest telephone.

. . .

"I'm just saying, Heather, it wouldn't hurt to take my advice from time to time, I mean come on, that was basically like breaking up a fight between Kurt and Ram." Heather was perched on Heather's desk chair, flipping through a magazine in a half-hearted attempt to distract herself from what had just happened. Heather was lying on her bed behind her, halfway listening to Heather's lecture and halfway not even bothering to think at all. It was a mixed bag. Listening to Heather fully would probably make her feel worse about the fiasco that just occurred, but completely zoning out would probably make Heather a little bit peeved at her. She shook her head.

"None of Kurt and Ram's fights got that bad ," Heather peered at Heather from over the magazine, an eyebrow perked, just begging for Heather to continue. "Did they?" Heather quickly assuaged her statement.

"They did," Heather paused for a moment. "Well, not 'I wish you were dead' levels of bad, but still pretty fucking bad." Heather resumed rapidly flipping through the magazine.

There's a brief silence between them. Heather sighs in frustration as she turns to the last page of the magazine. She tosses it onto the ground and starts spinning around in the chair, in a desperate attempt to keep her mind off the fight. She spins faster, and faster, and somehow even fucking faster until something catches the chair and stops it abruptly, halting it in place and immediately throwing Heather out of it.

Heather groans as her body attempts to match the stillness around it. From behind her, she hears Heather softly giggling. Heather feels a wry smirk cross her face as she plans her revenge.

She feels Heather softly kick one of her legs. "Come on, Heather, I know you're not that - woah!" Heather hooks her leg around Heather's and flips herself over, her back facing the ground. This sudden change in position causes Heather to be abruptly pulled to the ground, where she crashes onto her face, right next to Heather. Heather yanks her leg out from in between the tangled mess of Heather's legs. She hears a soft groan of pain emit from Heather as a response.

"So, you wanna play like that, huh?" Heather huffs, her face still pressed into the ground. Heather rolls her eyes, preparing to let out a snarky comment.

In a swift and sudden movement, Heather pulls herself off the ground and hooks one leg over Heather's hips before grabbing Heather by the collar of her shirt.

Heather opens her mouth to make a sarcastic quip, blinking for only a second and the second she opens them, Heather has straddled her. Heather's face is extremely close to her's, being held in place by Heather's grip on her collar. Heather's expression is playful with a devious grin gracing her lips. She squints her eyes before abruptly letting go of her grip on Heather's collar, causing Heather to crash directly into the ground behind her.