Chapter 57

Even though the young scientist Mr. Bixing Lu was an odd man that knew nothing and only pursued his romance in scientific reports, he still had strong motivation, an adventurous spirit, and the exceptional fortitude to push things towards their limits.

Right now, he keenly detected Jingheng Lin's unease. He quickly learned the joy of teasing a 'mild outside, wild inside' type on his own, and instantly decided to push Jingheng Lin's boundaries even further –– he stepped forward and wrapped Jingheng Lin in a tight embrace.

Jingheng Lin: "..."

It was just an impulsive decision. Bixing Lu originally wanted to see what he was like even more uncomfortable, but what he hadn't anticipated was how Jingheng Lin's feel wasn't the same as his imagination. His chest was kind of hard, but his waist was thinner than what it looked like, and his back was impeccably rigid. The most important thing was that this sculpture-like body had warmth. The temperature didn't just stop at the skin, it also emitted through his clothes, radiating in all directions. Bixing Lu's foolish embrace hugged it all in, drenching him in the heat, drowning him.

A buzz spread through Bixing Lu's scalp. His whole body was numb. He even smelled the light scent of rum between his lips...almost undetectable, since Jingheng Lin had decided to hold his breath.

Then Bixing Lu heard a sharp snap –– Commodore Lin, unable to put up with it anymore, stepped back, and his overly stiff joints had complained to them both when he leaned back.

Bixing Lu was afraid that Jingheng Lin would stiffen himself until he cracked in a moment, so even though he wasn't satisfied yet, he unwillingly let go, stepping back to safety. He said nonchalantly, "I didn't know you were so gentle."

A "gentle" card smacked Jingheng Lin on his face. He really wanted to act enraged, and snap a "what do you think you're doing?" at him, but then he had never put on the "commodore" facade in front of Bixing Lu before. So, of course, a sudden embrace didn't count as an offense, and there wasn't a reason for him to look furious.

Jingheng Lin took a few deep breaths. He had no other choice, so he only could act like nothing had happened, too. He scoffed, "I was just afraid you're going to cry."

Finishing, he was anxious to recover his coldhearted posture, so he turned around and left. At the same time, Bixing Lu secretly let out a tiny sigh of relief. He discreetly exercised his numb limbs. He quietly recollected the embrace, feeling like his heart was about to burst out of his chest.

But just as the two were acting like nothing had happened, Heavy Mech No. 3's medical room opened. From it, a medical cabin slid out a little. It tentatively kept turning towards Bixing Lu's direction. Zhanlu's voice sounded, "Headmaster Lu, I've detected that your heartbeat is too fast and that your blood pressure just shot up. Your body temperature is also fluctuating abnormally. May I ask if you need medical attention?"

Bixing Lu: "......"

Jingheng Lin paused and abruptly glanced over his shoulder at him.

Bixing Lu wanted to crawl into a hole. He turned around and left, "I'm...I'm going to encrypt the transfer points."

The humanoid Zhanlu stepped out of Heavy Mech No. 3's walls. He looked at Bixing Lu's disappearing silhouette with a perplexed look, silently searching through his database. Seconds later, the AI's gaze refocused, suddenly understanding what was happening, "Sir, through logical deductions, I have a conclusion that I can share with you..."

"Keep it to yourself. I don't need it." Jingheng Lin sighed. He waved his empty glass at Zhanlu, gesturing for him to fill his cup.

Zhanlu skillfully poured his cup half full, then added ice.

Bixing Lu unceremoniously flew away in a random small mech and disappeared through a transfer point.

Jingheng Lin wasn't going back to the base, either. They floated quietly in the pitch-black universe, his gaze looking at somewhere far away. He sipped the liquor in his cup slowly.

Zhanlu reminded, "Sir, based on how your body's recovering, I have appropriately relaxed your intake requirements. But if you keep asking for wine, you might exceed your limit today."

Jingheng Lin said uncaringly, "Oh, take back the wine cabinet then. I don't need it."

He usually drank and smoked, but he wasn't really addicted to either. Those simply rubbed on him as he spent a lot of time with seasoned soldiers. If there was alcohol, he'd have a sip or two; if there wasn't, then so be it. If he was on a diet, he could withhold himself from drinking any alcohol. And whenever he was on mechs, he never lit an open flame.

Bixing Lu, the little bastard, pranked him when he was on a diet by asking him what he liked to eat. Jingheng Lin never answered him because he didn't know either. It was always what was accessible, or what the dietitian ordered.